Thank you letter to Her Majesty Elizabeth II

  • Rev. Fr. Babu Peringol
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2011
    Her Majesty Elizabeth II
    The Queen of Great Britain
    Buckingham Palace
    London SWIA IAA, England

    Your Majesty the Queen:

    It is with great joy and praise of God for the blessed news of our beloved brother in Christ, His Eminence Mor Athanasius Touma Dawod, Archbishop and Patriarchal Vicar of the Holy Syrian Orthodox Church of Antioch in the United Kingdom, and President of the UK Chapter of St. Ephrem Universal Syriac Orthodox Medical Mission, the social ministry of our Holy Church, for his Royal decoration of the 'Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Francis I (GCFO), a supreme British Order from the Royal family. This decoration of Knight Title is awarded for the recognition of Archbishop Mor Athanasius' leadership in humanitarian services, and it is very unique in the two thousand year history of our Holy Syrian Orthodox Church of Antioch as His Eminence will be known as Archbishop Sir Mor Athanasius Touma Dawod.

    Our Holy Father the Patriarch and the supreme head of the Church, His
    Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, the venerable Prelates and millions of faithful of our Universal Syrian Orthodox Church of Antioch and my humble self along with the Executive Board of the St. Ephrem Universal Syriac Orthodox Medical Mission hereby join to thank God for the blessings, to congratulate Archbishop Sir Athanasius Touma Dawod for his achievement and to post our appreciation to the Queen of Great Britain for the awarding. May God bless us.

    Prayerfully and most affectionately submitting,

    + Archbishop Clemis Eugene Kaplan
    President of SEUSOMM