God is Spirit - True Worshippers Worship in Spirit and Truth

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1039 , Apr 2, 2003
      God is Spirit - True Worshippers Worship in Spirit and Truth

      Thus essentially the spirit, by its very nature, possesses God; and
      God the spirit; because the spirit lives in God and God in it. And it
      has the capacity of receiving, through its most elevated part,
      without intermediaries, the Light of God and all that God can give.

      -- John Ruysbroek, The Spiritual Espousals, 2: LVII

      The soul is in God and God in the soul,
      just as a fish is in the sea and the sea is in the fish.

      -- St. Catherine of Sienna
    • Jaison
      Message 1039 of 1039 , Sep 21, 2011
        Dear all