Catholicose visited Calcutta diocese and enshrined the Holy Relics of Saint Gregorius.

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2011
      His Beatitude, Aboon Mor Baselious Thomas I, the Catholicos of the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church visited Calcutta diocese accompanied by, His Eminence Mathews Mor Aprem, the Metropolitan of the Perumbavoor Division of the Angamally Diocese and His Eminence Paulose Mor Irenious, the Metropolitan of the Dioceses of Calicut, Australia and New Zealand.

      His Beatitude and assisted by Mor Aprem and Mor Irenious enshrined the Holy Relics of one of the great Indian Christian Saints, Saint Geevarghees Mor Gregorius of Parumala, in the Kolkata Church located at 64-H, Linton Street, Kolkata-14 on Saturday, on the 5th in the evening.

      His Beatitude was the State Guest of the Government of West Bengal.

      Catholicose and Their Eminence visited His Excellency, the Governor of West Bengal, Mr. M. K. Narayanan, and held detailed discussions. H.E. was the National Security Advisor to the Government of India prior to his appointment as the Governor of West Bengal.

      His Beatitude and Their Eminences visited the Central Office of the Sister's of Charity on Saturday, the 5th November 2011. His Beatitude was received by the Sister-in-Charge of the Sisater's of Charity. Catholicose and Metropolitans also made prayers at the tomb of Mother Teresa.

      Further, the Delhi Diocese of the Church has felicitated Mr. V. V. Thampi, IPS, who is the Director General of Police (Crime) in West Bengal and His Beatitude handed over a memento to Mr. Thampi on behalf of the Diocese.

      Photos:

      http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.170894856337283.40540.159423580817744&type=3&saved

      Reported by
      Mr. M.O.Varughese
    • Johnson Mannathoor
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2011
        Dear All,

        Do we have Calcutta Diocese?

        In His Love,

        Johnson Mannathoor
        From the desk of moderators
        We regrets for the type error. Calcutta Parish comes under Delhi Diocese.