Holy Father congratulates Muslims on Eid al-Adha

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2011
      His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, the Patriarchate of Antioch and the East congratulates Muslims on Eid al-Adha Holy Father on Sunday expressed hope that the voices of good in the world, particularly in the Arab nation, would work on ending the conspiracy against Syria.

      The Patriarchate said in a congratulatory message on the occasion of Eid al-Adha, "We congratulate our people, the Muslims of Syria, on Eid al-Adha, wishing that God would save the Syrian people and help President Bashar al-Assad preserve Syria, the home of faith and civilization."

      "Syria will remain an example of Islamic-Christian Fraternity and Arabism," the Patriarchate stressed, praying for the mercy of the martyrs' souls who sacrificed themselves to protect Syria's peace and security.

      In the message, the Patriarchate wished security and stability would prevail in Syria.