Latest Issue (no: 37 - Nov 3, 2011) of Malankara World Journal is available online

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2011
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 37 (dated November 3, 2011) is now available online at:

      Table of Contents: Malankara World Journal Issue 37

      1. Bible Readings for This Sunday

      Hoodhosh Eetho (Dedication) Sunday (Nov 3)
      The Sunday after Koodhosh Eetho is called Hoodhosh Eetho (Dedication of Church) Sunday.

      St. Luke 19: 47- 20: 8

      St. Mark 12: 41-44
      Before Holy Qurbana

      Exodus 33: 7-11
      I Kings : 8 :22 - 40
      Isaiah55: 1- 13
      Holy Qurbana

      Acts 7:44 -53 or
      Revelation 3:14-22
      Hebrews 9: 1-14
      St. Luke 19:47-20:8
      Lectionary of the Syrian Orthodox Church

      2. Sermons for This Sunday
      Sunday, November 6, 2011 is called Hoodosh Eetho. This is the second Sunday of the Church liturgical year. Hoodhosh denotes Dedication and Eetho means church. Thus, it is the Sunday for the Dedication/Renewal of the Holy Church. Last week, if you recall, we had sanctified the church (Koodhosh Eetho).
      The Gospel Reading specified for this week is from St. Luke 19:47-20:8. The chief priests and the scribes and others sought to destroy Jesus: and they could not find what they might do; for all the people hung upon him, listening. The Pharisees also questioned Jesus' authority (Luke 20:1-8). There are parallel accounts in the gospels of Matthew and Mark. (Matthew 21:23-27; Mark 11:27-33). We have provided sermons, bible analyses and commentaries on both Luke and Matthew versions of the story in Malankara World as well as articles covering the Dedication of Church. You can find them at:

      Sermons and Bible Commentaries for the Hoodosh Eatho Sunday

      3. Teaching Spiritual Truths

      "Parents believe that they are primarily responsible for the spiritual development of their children, but few parents spend time during a typical week interacting with their children on spiritual matters," states a report by the Barna Research Group of Ventura, CA. The report "underscores the need for churches to help parents address the spiritual needs of their children more intentionally and effectively."

      4. The Seven Non-Negotiables for Life

      We must spend time on the non-negotiables so that our lives may glorify God. But what are the non-negotiables? They must be defined in order to maintain and fulfill them. In seeking the Lord, there are seven non-negotiables for life. Each principle is centered on the Lord, bringing the glory to Him alone, and the fulfillment of each is essential to the healthy Christian life.

      5. Book Excerpt: With Christ In the School of Prayer - Lesson 11: The Faith that Takes

      This week's lesson from the book, 'With Christ in the School of Prayer' by Andrew Murray deals with Faith. Faith is very far from being a mere conviction of the truth of God's word, or a conclusion drawn from certain premises. It is the ear which has heard God say what He will do, the eye which has seen Him doing it, and, therefore, where there is true faith, it is impossible but the answer must come. If we only see to it that we do the one thing that He asks of us as we pray: "Believe" that ye have received; He will see to it that He does the thing He has promised: Ye shall have them.

      6. Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish by Steve Jobs

      This was a prepared text of the Commencement address delivered by Steve Jobs on June 12, 2005. "I never graduated from college. Truth be told, this is the closest I've ever gotten to a college graduation. Today I want to tell you three stories from my life. That's it. No big deal. Just three stories... The first story is about connecting the dots... The second story is about love and loss.... The third story is about death..." In spite of what you think about Steve Jobs, he was a master communicator. You will enjoy the skill in which he presents the ideas here.

      7. The Power You Have in Christ

      Several years ago, a man wrote to the Rolls Royce Company because he wanted to know the horsepower of his Rolls Royce automobile. But after many letters, nobody would answer him because it was their policy at that time not to reveal the horsepower in their cars. So he finally got the guts to send a letter to the president of the company. And in it, he wrote, "I am an owner of one of your cars and I demand to know the horsepower of my Rolls Royce." The president responded and said, "Sir, I'm glad to give you the answer to your question. The horsepower of a Rolls Royce is sufficient."

      That's a lot like the power of God, isn't it? It's incomprehensible, but sufficient! It's unmeasured, but adequate and available to you...

      8. The Real Meaning of Marriage

      Study after study shows the beneficial effects of marriage and the self-inflicted harm that people experience when they ignore this evidence. Marriage is good for us in so many ways... Yet the statistics also show our culture heading in the opposite direction. In 1970, 89 percent of all births were to married parents. Today, unfortunately, it is only 60 percent. In 1960, 72 percent of adults in America were married. Care to guess the number in 2008? Fifty percent. How did we get here, when it makes no logical sense?

      9. Death of Commander T M Jacob

      We were all shocked this week from the news of the departure of the favorite son of our Holy Church, Commander T. M. Jacob who was serving as a minister in Kerala Government. Malankara World expresses condolences to the family of Minister T. M. Jacob.

      10 Humor: Men Are Just Happier People

      What do you expect from such simple creatures?

      Your last name stays put.
      The garage is all yours.
      Wedding plans take care of themselves.
      Chocolate is just another snack.
      You can be President.

      Read the rest and laugh at

      Please tell your friends and acquaintances about MW Journal and Malankara World website. Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World
      Malankara World Journal