Spiritual Milk and Living Stones

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2011
      Spiritual Milk and Living Stones

      This sermon uses verses and phrases from 1 Peter Chapter 2, and 1
      Corinthians Chapter 6 to give an understanding of the reading from the
      Gospel of Matthew Chapter 16.

      Fr John Brian talks about the problems of sacrifice and selfishness, and the integration of Christ into our whole life.

      Fr John Brian then draws our attention to Holy Communion as a perfecting sacrifice.

      So, are making a proper sacrifice? Do you understand that to be of Christ also means to participate in the sacrifice?

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian Malankara calendar and was given on Sunday, October 30, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      LISTEN ON-LINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/11/spiritual-milk-and-living-stones.html