Ref. Your posting on the Attach on the CM's Residence

  • Prakash John
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2011
      Dear Mr. Varghese,

      I appreciate your comments and the language you have used in highlighting the entire matter of dispute.

      As you have rightly stated in your text, this dispute is not originated now or in the recent past.

      What we faithful followers of our Ancient Church can do is only pray..... And try for unity.  Unity between IOC and JSC or a UNISON can bring back the PRIDE of our ancient Church and our belonging to the Church will have meaning; Now we are fighting like political parties and are indulged into mud slinging.

      Bishops who indulge into defaming our Patriarch should be boycotted, they should be isolated and their public meetings and functions be avoided by the people at large as they are, by their act of these indecencies and indiscipline bring disrespect to the position they are ordained in and wrath against the Holy Church.

      Mr. CM did a mistake;  according to my personal view a blunder.  He should not have made himself available to the conciliation proceedings; for the very fact that he is the Chief Minister, representing the entire people of Kerala, not just the Christians alone.  Because being a born Christian he is, he had initiated or involved in the proceedings, which is against his position as the democratically elected CM of the the State of Kerala, which the part of the Union of India.

      Christianity contains certain definite tenets and irrespective of the factions within, Christians are expected to follow those teachings of the Lord Jesus. Current situation in Kerala is that Christians are the worst hooligans.  When the Bishops and priests are themselves involved in hooliganism, how can they teach discipline and control or contain indiscipline.  I have myself experienced this phenomenon, when I was in Kerala while the so-called negotiation process by the CM was going on and happened to hear few blasting by the IOC Churches in Public Meetings.

      If the current generation of both factions do not correct themselves in their approaches and contribute to the well being of the Holy Church and also become instrumental in shaping a better generation, there is no meaning to be called Christians and be called as members of any faction of the Church.

      MAY GOD BLESS US ALL

      P. John
      From the desk of the Moderators:

      Please sign your messages with member ID. If you do not have a member ID, please send your details including contact number to moderators (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.