Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1857 , Oct 30, 2011
      "The sign of purity is: to rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep; to be in pain with the sick and in anguish with the sinners; to rejoice with the repentant and to participate in the agony of those who suffer; to criticize no man and, in the purity of one's own mind, to see all men as good an holy."

      St. Justin Popovich.

      "Rebuke is more effective for a wise man Than a hundred blows on a fool." Proverbs 17:10
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1857 of 1857 , Apr 18 6:07 PM
        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Yesterday the Lamb was slain and the door-posts were anointed, and Egypt bewailed her Firstborn, and the Destroyer passed us over, and the Seal was dreadful and reverend, and we were walled in with the Precious Blood. Today we have clean escaped from Egypt and from Pharaoh; and there is none to hinder us from keeping a Feast to the Lord our God - the Feast of our Departure; or from celebrating that Feast, not in the old leaven of malice and wickedness, but in the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth, 1 Corinthians 5:8 carrying with us nothing of ungodly and Egyptian leaven."

        St. Gregory the Theologian, Oration On the Resurrection.

        "Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Who can utter the mighty acts of the Lord? Who can declare all His praise?"  Psalm 106:1-2

        The Bible reading for the 11th of Baramoudah, April 19, is:
        12 After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days. 13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the moneychangers doing business. 15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers' money and overturned the tables. 16 And He said to those who sold doves, Take these things away! Do not make My Father's house a house of merchandise! 17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up. 18 So the Jews answered and said to Him, What sign do You show to us, since You do these things? 19 Jesus answered and said to them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then the Jews said, It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days? 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body. 22 Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said. 23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did. 24 But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men, 25 and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man. (John 2:12-25)
        Departure of St. Theodora.
        Departure of St. John, Bishop of Gaza.

        The Bible reading for the 12th of Baramoudah, April 20, is: Luke 7:11-17
        Departure of St. Alexander, Bishop of Jerusalem.
        Commemoration of St. Antonios, Bishop of Tamoui.

        Prayer Requests:

        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness