Please help identify this hymn

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2011
      Can anyone please help identify in which service the following hymn is used?

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn2t2l_6xsc

      There is a similar narration about the sinful woman in the Kolo 'Ekatmaja Nadha' used in the sacramental service of the 'Annointing of the Sick'. The same theme is in the 'hymn of repentence' used in the Great Lent. http://sor.cua.edu/Feast/GreatLent.html

      However I was not able to place which service the above hymn sung by H.G Osthatheose is used?

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
      0929
    • Shinosh Geevarghese Philip
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2011
        Hello Sir,

        Greetings in the name of Our Lord.

        The Song " Paapini Meltharamaam Thailam" or Mesaho Reeshai is sung in the 3rd tune during Kandheela Service for Priests and High Priests. The name of the tune is Mseeho Naathralek Eetho.

        The Next song is "L' yaamod rahmaik hoyaarno" or Ekaadmaja Devaa Njaan ninn or Karunaakadale njaan nokkum" which is sung in the 6th tune for Anointing the sick and the name of the tune is "Lad hoomo D haimonooso". The same song is used for Sheema Namaskaram during Soothaara Prayer (Monday)

        I hope this clarifies your doubt.

        Thank you

        Shinosh Geevarghese Philip
        Kuwait
        4079

        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn2t2l_6xsc
        >
        > There is a similar narration about the sinful woman in the Kolo 'Ekatmaja Nadha' used in the sacramental service of the 'Annointing of the Sick'. The same theme is in the 'hymn of repentence' used in the Great Lent. http://sor.cua.edu/Feast/GreatLent.html
        >
        > However I was not able to place which service the above hymn sung by H.G Osthatheose is used?
        >
        > In Christ,
        > Mathew G M
        > 0929

      • Mathew G M