Could you not watch one hour?

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2011
      Could you not watch one hour?�

      Mark 14:32-38: Then they came to a place which was named Gethsemane; and He said to His disciples, Sit here while I pray.� And He took Peter, James, and John with Him, and He began to be troubled and deeply distressed. Then He said to them, My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch. He went a little farther, and fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him. And He said, Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.� Then He came and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, Simon, are you sleeping? Could you not watch one hour? Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.�

      The Lord Jesus prayed alone as He prepared for the supreme sacrifice.

      It was prayer that sustained Jesus as He prepared for the supreme sacrifice.

      Watch and Pray: We may learn from Jesus's example in Gethsemane. Let us remember Him who suffered in our place, and be identified with Him in the spirit of prayer. The Holy Spirit will help us. Amen. [watch� = stay awake, be alert]

      Thankful for your prayers,�
      Shibu Podiyan