Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1970 , Oct 17 7:11 PM
      "Once we have begun to shine with radiance in deed and word, brilliant with the beauty of every kind of virtue, then Christ Himself - the pure sacrifice, the ever-living light Who shines forth from the Father like a sun from the sun, a ray gleaming out without beginning and without motion in distance - Christ wishes to gather us together as our host, He shows this clearly by taking up His ever-virgin mother from this earth today as queen of human nature - that mother in whose womb He Who is God took our form in a way totally beyond our power to describe."

      St. Andrew of Crete.

      "The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, And his tongue talks of justice. The law of his God is in his heart; None of his steps shall slide." Psalm 37:30-31
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1970 of 1970 , Oct 16 5:27 PM

        A certain monk told me that when he was very sick, his mother said to his father, "How our little boy is suffering. I would gladly give myself to be cut up into pieces if that would ease his suffering." Such is the love of God for people. He pitied people so much that he wanted to suffer for them, like their own mother, and even more. But no one can understand this great love without the grace of the Holy Spirit.

        St. Silouan the Athonite.

        "Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."  1 John 4:11

        The Bible reading for the 7th of Babah, October 17, is:
        1 He also said to His disciples: There was a certain rich man who had a steward, and an accusation was brought to him that this man was wasting his goods. 2 So he called him and said to him, `What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be steward.' 3 Then the steward said within himself, `What shall I do? For my master is taking the stewardship away from me. I cannot dig; I am ashamed to beg. 4 `I have resolved what to do, that when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.' 5 So he called every one of his master's debtors to him, and said to the first, `How much do you owe my master?' 6 And he said, `A hundred measures of oil.' So he said to him, `Take your bill, and sit down quickly and write fifty.' 7 Then he said to another, `And how much do you owe?' So he said, `A hundred measures of wheat.' And he said to him, `Take your bill, and write eighty.' 8 So the master commended the unjust steward because he had dealt shrewdly. For the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of light. 9 And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by unrighteous mammon, that when you fail, they may receive you into an everlasting home. 10 He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. 11 Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12 And if you have not been faithful in what is another man's, who will give you what is your own? (Luke 16:1-12)
        Departure of St. Paul of Tamouh.

        The Bible reading for the 8th of Babah, October 18, is: Matthew 12:9-23
        Martyrdom of St. Matra.
        Martyrdom of the Saints Abba Hor, Tosia (Susanna) and Her Children, and Abba Agathon, the Hermit.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.