The Mystery Revealed By Silence

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1039 , Mar 30 9:45 PM
      The Mystery Revealed By Silence

      Jesus said, "I disclose My Mysteries to those who are worthy of My
      Mysteries." (Thomas, Saying 62)

      Now our Lord Jesus Christ did not commit the Mystery of His teaching
      to the holy apostles by means of writings, but instead of writings He
      gave them the promise of the Holy Spirit when He said, 'He shall
      bring to your remembrance all things ye need and require regarding
      the truth.'

      In the same way He wrote through the prophets, for 'He put His laws
      into their minds and He wrote them upon their hearts', so that they
      should all be 'taught of God'.

      -- Saint Isaac the Syrian, The Book of Grace

      "Whoever drinks from My mouth will become like Me; I myself shall
      become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him."
      (Jesus, Thomas, Saying 108)

      God so wishes us to return to Him that He keeps calling to us again
      and again to approach Him. It is due to his sweet holy Voice that our
      soul is lost in ecstasy and surrenders totally to His will.

      -- Saint Teresa of Avila

      God is the Friend of Silence

      "Everything Starts From Prayer," Mother Teresa, White Cloud Press:

      God is the friend of silence.
      See how nature -- trees, flowers, grass
      -- grows in silence.
      See the stars,
      the moon,
      and the sun,
      how they move in silence.
      _____

      In that silence, he will listen to us;
      there he will speak to our soul,
      and there we will hear his Voice.
      _____

      Souls of prayer are souls of great
      silence.
      _____

      Silence is the beautiful fruit of prayer.
      We must learn not only the silence
      of the mouth but also
      the silence of the heart,
      of the eyes,
      of the ears
      and of the mind,
      which I call the five silences.
      _____

      In the silence of the heart God speaks.
      If you face God in prayer and silence,
      God will speak to you.
      _____

      Silence gives us a new way of looking
      at everything. We need this silence in
      order to touch souls.
      _____

      God is the friend of silence.
      His language is silence.
      "Be still and know that I am God."
      _____

      It seems as if there are in my head
      many rushing rivers and that these waters are hurtling
      downward, and that there are many little birds and
      whistling sounds, not in the ears but in the upper
      part of the head where, they say, the higher part of
      the soul is.

      -- Saint Teresa of Avila
    • Jaison
      Message 1039 of 1039 , Sep 21, 2011