Re: Letter of Dr. Pauls Samuel [Anil George]

  • Dn. George Mathew
    Message 1 of 1039 , Mar 26, 2003
      It seems that continued discussion (or lack thereof)
      on the issues between the churches has been and
      continues to be fruitless and increasingly demeaning.
      There are only a handful of people that have commented
      on the future. I sincerely appreciate those who have
      done so. May these ideas spiral to the top and be
      implanted as seeds to germinate and blossom into
      effective and lasting peace.

      It is clear that some want to simply dwell on the past
      mistakes. True forgiveness is two things -- forgiving
      those who sin and have sinned against you, AND
      forgetting that sin after we forgive. This latter is
      what we tend to forget and dwell on. When someone
      does something against us, we tend to recapitulate the
      hundreds of other things they also did in the past.
      That builds greater aninosity and hatred and prevents
      true forgiveness and acceptance. For both churches to
      effectively move on, effective forigivessnes and
      forgetting must occur. It may not be in the next year
      or five years, but one day, it will happen. I am
      prayerful of that.

      I think I have previously made the statement that
      truth is in the eye of the beholder. I have only
      tried to learn and apply what I knew and read. Rather
      than working to correct any mistatements and mistruths
      with unquestionable, unbiased facts, some simply
      wanted to flex their muscles and show superiority and
      omniscience. Some people seem to know me better than
      I know myself. That is a form of idolatry as only my
      Creator can know me as the Creation. I haven't repled
      about such things in the IOC forum or spread any
      untruths. Some authors, is clearly trying
      to put me in a bad light. That is fine. I don't put
      much emphasis on what people think of me because I
      have learned that the people who support you and
      appreciate you today are the first ones to stab you in
      the back tomorrow. This is the sad mentality of our
      people. Everyone has selfish motives for everything.
      All I can do is pray for these people and let God
      effect any type of judgement He would desire.

      The truth relayed by both groups has been scewed.
      That is a fact. Historical records are not black and
      white, but very, very gray. Maybe the future
      generations can look back and write about what is
      happening with a more unbiased look. The current
      generation certainly cannot do this.

      I have said I wanted to simply learn about the
      dissenting points and come to my own understanding.
      These conversations have turned confrontational and
      extremely ugly at times.

      Thus, I will thus stop commenting in order to avoid
      prolonging it. I will continue to monitor this forum for
      new information and interesting tidbits. My best
      wishes to the moderators for continued success. May
      more of the respected clergy post articles and
      messages on various aspects of the church and
      sacraments for our youngsters to learn.

      Please pray for me all of you, but do not feel sad for
      me. I am content in my faith in Jesus Christ. He
      will continue to supply my needs. I have no doubts.
      God has a plan for the universal church. We have to
      be mindful that God works according to His plan and
      purpose in His time. The crises in the church has
      taken a toll on the church, but in time, as separate
      churches, maybe we can get back to serving God and
      conduct ministerial type work. We all have to pray
      and work for that. I have a number of friends in the
      Jacobite Church, who I respect and love dearly. Isn't
      that the real message of Christianity? If we can't
      love our neighbors and enemies, what's the whole point
      of going to church? What's the point of kiss of
      peace? What's the point of receiving our Lord's Body
      and Blood? Something to consider during this time of
      Great Lent.

      Dn. George Mathew
      From the desk of the moderators

      Dear respected members

      No further postings of this thread will be approved in this
      forum for the time being

      In our Lords love
      Forum Moderators
    • Jaison