Mor Dionysius Jean Kawak started a 40 day visit to the Eastern Archdiocese

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2011
    Friday, September the 30th, 2011, His Eminence, Mor Dionysius Jean Kawak, the Archbishop in charge of the Patriarchal office in Damascus started a 40 day visit to the Eastern Archdiocese. His Eminence celebrated the Holy Qurobono (Divine Liturgy) at St. Mark’s Cathedral in Teaneck on Sunday, October 2nd.

    During the Liturgy Archbishop Kawak was welcomed officially by His Eminence Mor Cyril Aphrem Karim as the honored guest of the Archdiocese of the Eastern United States. His Eminence Archbishop Kawak thanked his brother Archbishop Karim and conveyed to the parishioners the blessings and best wishes of our Holy Father, His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch and all the East.

    Archbishop Kawak, who served St. Aphraim’s Church in Washington D.C. and St. Helen’s parish in Indiana for over two years, will be visiting parishes of the Archdiocese as well as some relatives and friends.