Our Daily Bread

    Message 1 of 90 , Oct 5, 2011
      READ: Colossians 1:3-14

      He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son. —Colossians 1:13
      Buying and selling real estate in the US is tricky business these days.
      Housing prices have dropped significantly, and if you’re trying to
      unload commercial property it’s even more difficult. So, in the game of
      real estate, it remains important to keep this old adage in mind: “The
      three most important things to know about buying and selling property
      are location, location, location!”
      The same is true of living for Jesus. Knowing our location spiritually is
      critical if we are to succeed in navigating through the greatly devalued territory of our world. Paul reminds us that we have a new location in
      Christ, having been delivered “from the power of
      darkness and conveyed . . . into the kingdom of the Son” (Col. 1:13).
      Knowing that we have been relocated by His amazing grace into the
      kingdom of Jesus makes a difference. Jesus now reigns as King in our
      hearts and minds, and we are His grateful subjects. His will is our will and His ways become patterns for all of life and behavior. And when we
      are forced to make a choice, our allegiance is to Him.
      So, when the temptations and the seductions of the darkness from which you
      have been removed threaten His reign in your heart, remember your new
      postal code: Colossians 1:13! —Joe Stowell
      Where Jesus reigns there is no fear,
      No restless doubt, no hopeless tear,
      No
      raging sea nor tempest dread,
      But quietness and calm instead. —Anon.
      The subjects of the kingdom should display the manners of the court.
    • Very rev. Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
      Message 90 of 90 , Nov 1, 2012
        READ: Psalm 22:1-8,19-26

        Those who seek Him will praise the Lord. Let your heart live forever! —Psalm 22:26

        Do you know which psalm is quoted most often in the New Testament? You may have guessed the familiar and beloved 23rd Psalm, but actually it is
        Psalm 22. This psalm begins with David’s poignant, heart-breaking words
        that were quoted by Jesus on the cross, “My God, My God, why have You
        forsaken Me?” (Matt. 27:46; Mark 15:34).
        Imagine the situation David must have found himself in that caused him to cry
        out to God in this way. Notice that he felt forsaken and abandoned: “Why are You so far from helping me?” (Ps. 22:1). He also felt ignored: “O
        my God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear” (v.2).
        Ever been there? Have you ever looked up into the heavens and wondered why
        it seemed that God had abandoned you, or was ignoring you? Welcome to
        David’s world. But for every plaintive cry David expresses, there is a
        characteristic of God mentioned that rescues him from despondency.
        Through it all, David discovers that God is holy (v.3), trustworthy
        (vv.4-5), a deliverer and rescuer (vv.8,20-21), and his strength (v.19).
        Do you feel forsaken? Seek the Lord. Rehearse His character. And “let your heart rejoice with everlasting joy” (v.26 nlt). —Dave Branon
        Lord, sometimes I feel as if You don’t care about
        my life. When those times come, please remind me
        of Your character as You did David. Help me to
        lean on You again and know that You are there.
        Even when we don’t sense God’s presence, His loving care is all around us.