Re: Ahimelech or Abiathar

  • Dn. Monsy Manimalethu Jacob
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
      Ahimelech or Abiathar

      I thought the period was prior to the building of the first temple in Jerusalem; which was built by Solomon.� Before the Arch was placed inside the temple; wasn't that there were more high priests in regions? I do not know. I thought I read in some bible commentaries that Ahimelech was the high priest of Nob.  It appears that the sword of Goliath which was used by David was in this high priest's custody and this high priest had authority to keep people in custody.� Did any sadha priest could do that?� I do not know.

      Also I thought that after the roman destruction of the temple of Jerusalem, the office of high priest came to an end as we say it in Passion Week.� They need a heifer (a red cow) that has to be sacrificed and the ashes to be sprinkled on a Kohn (of Aaronic decent) to consecrate one. I thought I read about this in a Temple Society's book.

      With Love
      Dn. Monsy Manimalethu Jacob
      Boston