Rev.Fr. E.S. Kuriakose Elavinamannil

  • Member ID 4106
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2011
      Dear SOCM News Bureau ,

      In our tradition , when we call or say the name of any of our priests , we used to say Rev . Fr and not just Fr. I was taught this way and if I am wrong , please correct me.

      Rev. Fr. Kuriakose Elavinamannil ( Valyachan) was the the most respected
      person who founded St. Stephens Cathedral ,Manjinikara , donated the
      family's land to the Holy Throne where our patron saint is entombed & the Dayara was constructed,.Above all valyachen gave outstanding leadership to the Jacobites during 1970's when our church was facing difficulties and we were not having Metropolitans to lead the faithful.

      Can we expect more respect to our Valyachen from our own news bureau. Also the family name "Elavilamannil " must be corrected to "Elavinamannil"

      Member ID 4106
      From the desk of moderator
      We regret for the typo error and apologize for it.