Re: Kolenchery Church - methodology to end disputes

  • V T John Nalunnakal
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2011
      MY LORD, the article by Shri.John Philip in is an eye-opener to every one except to they who refuse to open their eyes pretending to be in sound sleep. The H G Mathews Mar Severius, secretary to the Holy Synod of IO Church has come out with a statement(vide the BUSINESS PAGE of Malayala Manorama (Kottayam Edition) of 29.9.2011 as the last insignificant news item that the said church is PREPARED to GIVE the HH Patriarch [Yes they have no difficulty to say Parisudha Pathriarkeese Bava; this must be the first time they offer lip-service to the Holy See putting it in black and white EVERSINCE 1995. OR IS IT A BUSINESS TRICK IN THE BUSINESS PAGE AS USUAL ?]the POSITION as per 1934 Church Constitution.

      V T John
      3085

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, John Philip wrote:

      > Sub: A Suggestion for Peace in Malankara Church !
      >
      > The ongoing dispute with regards to the Kolencherry church between the two Malankara Churches has become a shame for the entire Christianity in Kerala. Though such disputes are not isolated ones in the history of Christianity worldwide, it is becoming a headache for the present day Christians of this small state where our people are a minority. Now how can we solve such disputes without escalating tensions is a concern for everyone. In my opinion only a referendum at parish level can solve this problem particularly considering that the issue of faith is a complex one with no concrete evidences for anything except for some unending heated arguments that may go on endlessly. Referendum is not all a new methodology for solving the problem, but has already been implemented successfully in atleast a few churches in Kerala in this era itself like in Mulanthuruthy, Piravom etc.

    • Sabu Alias
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2011
        "Certainly with this referendum at parish level and handing over its full authority to their respective elected bodies without any outside interference, the Kerala Christianity can be proud of going back to the roots of their ancient rich traditions. "

        Yes Sir, this is not a complex issue ;once we use the common sense. Let a referundum be conducted and all the issue will be sttled all on a sudden. But why our court is not realising it? Our Church  should take all measures to convey this message to the Public and courts that  " Dont waste the public time and money on Sabha case. Let the Parish Assembly decides ."

        Sabu
        MPZ