Konattu Kathanarudey Thamasakal

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2011
      Priest trusty IO church, in a press statement, said they are ready to hold the elections to the managing committee of the St. Peter's and St. Paul's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church at Kolencherry by calling a meeting of the general body at the earliest, once the church is handed over to them.

      In a press note here on Monday, Fr. Konatt said this would enable the majority to run the administration of the church. If the elections are held under the auspices of an external agency such as an administrator or a receiver as demanded by the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church, it will create misunderstandings among the civil society he said.

      Wolves can smell things faster. We think there is a strong possibility for the court to conduct an election. To get it done under the 1934 Constitution, the IO Church's advocate will once again declare inside the court, that they accept our Holy Patriarch and His Holiness is their spiritual authority and their Catholicose is his subordinate.

      We think it is high time to expose the true color of IO Church in the court, by our legal cell.

      In that situation we must provide concrete evidences to show that they don't respect or accept the supreme head contrary to their tall claims. For that we can produce Konatt's and IOC Secretary's filing of case against the HH's visit last time.(In earlier times it was binami hindus and musilms who filed casesagainst HH's visit on behalf of MK). Also we can produce evidence that they haven't send any invitation to HH before any of their Catholicos ordinations, which is mandatory as per their 1934 constitution. But then their claim may be that they don't recognize the present patriarch, but that argument may not stand if we can argue well. Afterall we have a Patriarch mentioned in 1934 constitution on our side !!That is enough. But we must use the situation very well..

      We can hope that the court will decide for a free and fair elections that befit a democratic society across all disputed churches, overseen by a neutral commission.

      SOCM News Bureau
    • Abraham
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2011
        Glad to know that SOCMNEWS is seeking inputs from SOCM Readers, We can surely help. Who knows our 'silly milly' points may become the game changer.

        Will the Moderators take care of passing our messages to the legal team / Leadership ? or our researched articles/messages here just go nowhere ? Any direct email IDs?I am sure the other side is taking printouts of our discussions to help evolve points to argue!
        What a pity.

        It is the time all of us,pray and help our legal cell to win this case.The case is in high court and that shakes the other side.

        Coming to the "Parish Assembly" part - Is there any examples where 'Court-appointed receivers' monitored 'Palli pothuyogam' and created good understandings among the civil society

        Can we get affidavit (which need to be publsihed in newspapers) that they accept our Holy Patriarch and will obey him in all spiritual matters.

        Is there any link between church 'assets' and College ? Check it out!

        Another bluff point -> Can they use the word 'SYRIAN'. if YES who allowed to use it ? Do they have 'legal' ownership of 'SYRIAN Orthodox' terminology ? Does it need permission from SYRIA/or
        from our Holy Patriarch/How are they registered with Oriental communion?

        It is the time. This time we must not be 'MEAN AND LEAN'.This will be the game changer.Those RICH churches should participate and contribute.Else they will set this case to come after all of us which will force us to spend millions later.Lets spend some money. After all its all our Jacobites wealth.Use it to protect the faith.

        There should be some 'JACKPOT' else they could not have spent 'XY' Lakhs for this 100 crore worth church.

        They may open-up fabricated 'stories' to change topic targeting our priests.Don't fall on that.We too have many to point out.But let keep our powder dry.

        Those against our faith - should know this story which I heard in my childhood.

        It was in 80's - Their was one rich Jacobite family who used to give food to Manjanikkara pilgrims.As the area was not developed,people always thought they can get some food on the way from this house.
        Year after year,this family respectfully and pray-fully provided shelter and food for poor pilgrims.The family business reached new highs and wealth quadrupled.Then came their son,'foreign educated' gentle man.He was in his age of 30s. What the case be, he got convinced to stop this service.The same year people not knowing the happenings , happily came to this house to get some food and water.
        But sadly,the doors were locked.Few weeks back this young man bitten by a snake...

        Well the point here is those with high spirit supporting a few wealthy individuals to grab majority 'poor people's church will be answerable to GOD.This church has stories to tell.Don't be part to
        demolish someone's faith.

        But still, this video entertains me (A legal evidence to use?):
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8TM22paqPg

        Quick check gives me some points which were in this forum:
        (Hope someone will pass it to Legal Team for evaluation)

        2)http://web.archive.org/web/20090901221501/http://geocities.com/malankarav/Atha_1.htm
        5)http://web.archive.org/web/20090901221502/http://geocities.com/malankarav/Ktm_may_97.htm
        6)http://web.archive.org/web/20090831153514/http://geocities.com/malankarav/Hindu_18_Mar_02.htm

        Pray to Chathuruthil Gregorios thirumeni,Manjanikkara Bava to give us victory.

        Amen

        Abraham
        3567
      • Sabu Alias
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2011
          There is no other Patriarch on the Throne of St. Peter in Atioch other than our HH.

          Try to get an authenticated document from HH who is  the true followers of Jacobite Church. Get it advertised on all media . Let the people understand that the present Jacobites are the ancient church in Kerala and IO formed only in 1912..

          Sabu
          MPZ