KOLENCHERY UPDATE

  • Dawn Baby Varghese
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 26, 2011
      “The day when Kolenchery stood still”
      25 SEP 2011;Sunday

      On 25 SEP, Kolenchery witnessed one of the greatest ever gatherings and agitations, in its history. It was the Great March organized by the stalwarts of Kandanadu diocese of our Jacobite Syrian Christian Youth Association, expressing solidarity for Bava’s “Struggle For Justice”. Although it was organized by the youth, thousands of people-the young & old, male & female, even kids & teenagers thronged to the streets of Kolenchery, expressing their love for H.B. Indeed everyone who assembled were youths, it seemed if we watch their energy levels. The march, which began at 3 PM from Thonnikka junction, proceeded to Kolenchery town, finally concluding at the Chapel, where H.B. was fasting. The enthusiasm and energy levels of our faithful were very strong that the movement resembled a Tsunami wave, shaking Kolenchery town. The faithful were seen chanting prayers, songs and slogans from their hearts, supporting H.B. and stressing the necessity of protecting Kolenchery church.

      Later, Bava addressed the very excited faithful and assured them that we are going to recapture each and every inch of soil which is ours and Kolenchery is just the beginning. H.B. was very much pleased to see the faithful in such an energetic mood and H.B. shared many incidents with them that increased their excitement, even more. The faithful held hands mutually, forming a gigantic human chain and took the “Oath of Faith”, declaring their allegiance to the Patriarchal throne. It was a very remarkable moment, indeed. H.B. declared that we are not going to stop the “Struggle for Justice” until justice is implemented.

      Presently, the “Struggle for Justice” is going on at our Chapel premises in Kolenchery. H.B. named the venue (dais) after L.L. Baselious Poulose-II Catholicose.

      Sunday morning, immediately after the Holy Mass, the parishioners of Bava’s parish – St. Peter’s & St. Paul’s Jacobite Syrian Church, Puthencruz conducted a very strong march at Puthencruz, in which over 500 people, including women and children participated.

      Even more marches and agitations are yet to come from this part of the
      world, in the coming days………

      Long Live Patriarchal Throne….!!!!
      Let’s continue to be in Prayers…….

      In Prayers,
      Dawn Baby Varghese, Puthencruz
      For SOCM news
    • DAWN BABY VARGHESE
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 9, 2013
      Kolenchery Update :- SUNDAY IS THE DAY

      09 OCT 2013; 23:55 Hrs

      "Struggle for Justice" at Kolenchery is still on course, with Bava completing third day of fasting. H.B. was seen very tired today although his determination was seen unaffected. Faithful from more places are reaching Kolenchery, each day and many of them are staying at the venue itself. Following the path shown by Jacobite Syrian Youth Association with their gigantic march yesterday, more and more churches and Youth Associations are scheduling marches in the coming days too. The Kadamattom Church Youth Association conducted an electrifying march today evening, expressing their solidarity and support to Bava.

      Meanwhile, more and more leaders are coming to Kolenchery for visiting Bava. K.P. Dhanapalan M.P, P.T. Thomas M.P., DCC President VJ Paulose were among the prominent leaders who visited Bava today.

      Another agonizing fact is the cruel negligence shown by the prominent visual media groups towards our "Struggle for Justice". Since the prominent news channels are controlled by the Orthodox faction's Corporate King, they haven't yet turned their lens towards Kolenchery. The local news channel ACV had been airing the reports from Kolenchery last week. But the Orthodox faction succeeded in  removing the channel for two days and presently, they have changed the regional channel available here, to the city channel.

      It is in this context is that we should appreciate and hail the role played by our Youth and the various websites, mainly Facebook. As the actual media-people have forgotten their ethics, numerous Jacobite faithful have themselves undertaken the responsibility of media-crew. They reach the venue, collect updates, news items, announcements and most importantly excellent pictures & videos and quickly upload them into the web. In short, Facebook, which has caused the revolution in Egypt and Arab world is doing wonders in our "Struggle for Justice' also. May God Almighty bless all our media-volunteers abundantly .

      The most important news from the venue is that OCTOBER 13 2013 (SUNDAY) will be the "day". Our Church leadership has called for a massive rally and meeting at Kolenchery on Sunday. All spiritual organizations of the church are expected to co-ordinate and co-operate for the grand success of the rally on Sunday.

      Let's Remain in Prayers. . .

      Long Live Patriarchal Throne !!!!!!

      In Prayers,

      DBV,