Reply to An Appeal To Members of Jacobite Syrian Church in IOC Forum

  • Davis Cherian
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2011
      Dear Mr. Ronnie and Mr. Alexander,

      As our Molelachen said in the previous posting leave us, the Jacobites, alone. Please don't shed 'Muthalakkanner' for us, as we and our forefathers had seen and experienced this several times. We know how to proceed by the Grace of God and humbly says : don't require your advice.

      Don't freighten us with `Olappampu' and `Ummakkees' . What happened to the court order for Ayodya temple ? Did any thing happened all these years? NOTHING !!!! No court in this world can give any order on our faith. We believe in Jesus Christ and believe that the priesthood has its origin from HIM through St. Peter and his Throne only as mentioned by Vattasseril Thirumeni in his book 'Mathopadesasarangal'. For us, Orthodox priests, as they are discommunicated by the Holy throne of St. Peter, has no rites to give or fulfill our Holy Sacraments.

      So leave us. We cannot accept your sacraments. We accepted it as the Holy throne accepted it in 1958 till 1972 after that NOOOOOO !! So let us be sister churches like any other denomination of Christianity and come to a settlement of these ugly court cases. If you believe that through court orders you could take over all our churches it is only a DREAM, my brother. So let us split and after a few generations while they find that there is no difference in the Aradhana or vestments or customs or culture let our children unite in good spirit. I hope a split now will speed up the unity in the next generation at least, otherwise this feud will continue to how many generation GOD only knows.

      with love & prayers

      Davis Cherian
      Sharjah.