My thought on how to get back the Kolencherry Church

  • C.J. Varughese
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2011
      Dear moderator

      According to Gregorios thirumeni, out of 2000 families in Kolencherry about 1600+ is with us, and only remaining 400 is with Orthodox fold. In that case why we should worry about all this fiasco. I think we allow the court judgement to handover the Church building to Orthodox, but a 100% attendance of our people in all Qurbanas and other important events should be ensured by compulsory attendance. Defenitely the Orthodox priests and their laity will be scared to stand-up against such a crowd. (For example, a family will have atleast 4 persons, then out people will be anywhere near 6400 and only 1600 from the Orthodox.) Defenitely the Orthodox will be scared to run the church any more. - (Another thing, since we say the Orthodox High priest and priest have been bared from priesthood, whatever they do is not binding to us. In that case even our people can chant "Kurielaison" and if it works or permitted the chanting of more than 6000 people will tremble the Orthodox foundation). - Let this go on till next General Body. General Body will be the final authority to elect the office bearers. Can we not able to elect somebody from among the Jacobites to run the day-to-day activities. We have to continue this arrangement atleast for two more years.

      If we are in a minority or almost equal this may not be successful. I have a question, Is it possible to get a correct population count of our people - Churchwise, Diocesan-wise etc.

      With prayers,
      C.J. Varughese
      Ahmedabad.
      SOCM ID #1012