UPDATE

  • Dawn Baby Varghese
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 19, 2011
      4:00 PM, 19 SEP, 2011.

      The latest update from Kolenchery is that, our Working Committee
      meeting will be held here TODAY at 7 PM, IST to decide on the future steps to be taken in the Struggle for Justice, as the Devalokam faction has begun a new episode of their drama, by withdrawing their hunger-strike. A consensus has been reached among us, to continue the Prayers and Struggle in a silent manner, avoiding visible means of protests like rallies or marches, until the time period requested by the government ends.

      SUNDAY witnessed tens of thousands of people marching in the hearts of Kolenchery, even though we had cancelled the pre-scheduled Great March.

      A clear picture about our future plans will available, late tonight.....

      Long Live Patriarchal Throne....

      In Prayers,

      Dawn Baby Varghese, Puthencruz
      For SOCM News
    • Dawn Baby Varghese
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 19, 2011
        *"NOW IS THE TIME TO PRAY, TO KNEEL DOWN, TO FAST...."*

        00:26; 20 SEP, 2011; KOLENCHERY

        The latest update from Kolenchery is that, the Working Committee Meeting of our Church which concluded here has decided to CONTINUE the "Struggle For Justice" although we completely accept the government's request for some time to settle the issue. For that, we have decided to avoid any aggressive or visible forms of protests, such as rallies or protest marches, for a short period.

        Our honorable CM has said "if an amicable settlement is not made possible within the next 15 days court order will be implemented". The hidden meaning of this statement is a clear message to the Devalokam faction, asking them to enjoy a 15 day vacation, get rid of the hangover of the hunger-strike drama and to come fresh after 15 days to take over the Kolenchery church.Therefore, our decision, NOT TO END the "Struggle for Justice" is highly appreciable.

        Let's thank God Almighty, for his abundant shower of strength on us.

        We can feel proud & honoured that we are having a very strong, very determined, very caring, very dedicated, very decisive very blessed leader in our beloved Bava, H.B. Dr. Baselious Thomas-I Catholicose .. Truly, the Yackoob Burdano of Malankara....

        TUESDAY, the HC is considering our appeal.. Let's remain in Prayers..

        NOW is the time to pray..... NOW is the time to kneel down.... NOW is the time to fast.....

        Long Live Patriarchal Throne.....!

        May the name of Jesus be Praised, Always......

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2013
          All Roads to Kolenchery; Bava is Back�

          06 OCT 2013; 23:55

          Day-03 of the historic "Struggle for Justice" at the Kolenchery church was marked by the great arrival of the "Jacob Burdano of Malankara", Dr. Baselious Thomas-I Catholicose at a very unexpected moment. Bava, who had been under treatment since the past few days could not hold it any more. Neglecting the warnings give by the doctors, Bava rushed to Kolenchery straight from the hospital bed by 6 30 PM on Sunday and has started prayer and indefinite fasting at the door step of the St. peter's & St. Paul's Jacobite Syrian Church Kolenchery.

          �It was a moment of inexplicable joy and confidence-boosting gesture for the Jacobite faithful who had been awaiting Bava for long. In no time thousands of Jacobite faithful started re-assembling at the Kolenchery church, expressing their love and solidarity for Bava. The Prayers are still continuing at the church. It is an absolutely electrifying atmosphere at the venue right now.

          Earlier in the morning the Orthodox Catholicose and a few faithful sneaked into the Kolenchery church and conducted Holy Mass. The Jacobite faithful could conduct the Holy Mass in front of the church. Soon a Great March was peacefully conducted in the town, protesting against police atrocities and demanding justice. Thousands, including ladies and kids took part in the march.

          By noon, the police authorities evicted Orthodox faction from the church and premises. As per the request from our administration, our people also retreated from the church premises, respecting �law and order.Their priest locked the church and returned home, thinking that they have attained a great victory.

          In the evening the Orthodox faction returned to the church again, in the name of conducting evening prayers, which caused slight conflict between faithful of both factions. It was at this juncture that our true shepherd, our beloved Bava reached the church and took control. And because of that very fact, our ray of hope for justice being implemented, is still alive.

          Let's Remain in Prayers. . .

          Long Live Patriarchal Throne !!!!!!!

          In Prayers,

          DBV
          For SOCM News
          Puthencruz

          For more updates, please visit us @ https://www.facebook.com/SOCMNet

        • DAWN BABY VARGHESE
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2013
            UPDATE :-
            The St. Peter's and St. Paul's Jacobite Syrian Church, Puthencruz, (home parish of H.B. The Catholicose Dr. BaseliousThomas-I) will conduct a Great March to Kolenchery TOMORROW (11 OCT 2013) starting from the Block Junction at 06:00 PM IST.. . . .
            Let us all join the march and ensure our prayers, participation and presence to express our in-depth love, gratitude and solidarity to Bava, the Jacob Burdano of Malankara. . . . .

            H.B. is still continuing the fasting and prayers seeking justice for Jacobite Syrian Church. Various churches in the Kolenchery region conducted a joint march today evening too, expressing solidarity to Bava. Meanwhile, talks are being actively carried out for the quick and amicable settlement of the issue.

             Let's continue to be in prayers.

            LONG LIVE THE PATRIARCHAL THRONE !!!!!!!!!!
            LONG LIVE H.B. Dr. Baselious Thomas-I Bava !!!!!!!

            In Prayers,
            DBV
            For SOCM News, Puthencruz
          • DAWN BABY VARGHESE
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 11, 2013
              UPDATE:-

              A magnificent "Great March" to Kolenchery church was conducted by the St. Peter's & St. Paul's Jacobite Syrian Church, Puthencruz, (home parish of the Jacob Burdano of Malankara, Dr. Baselious Thomas-I Catholicose) today evening. Numerous faithful from nearby churches also joined the march, expressing their love and solidarity for Bava.

              Churches in the Piravom region will be conducting the march tomorrow evening (SATURDAY). Following the march, the Jacobite Syrian Christian Youth Association will lead the "Akhanda Prardhana" alongside Bava, whole night.

              Meanwhile, Sunday is the day of the GREATEST of the GREAT MARCHES which would see the participation of tens of thousands of Jacobite faithful from all over the state. Let's pray to God Almighty for hearing  "good news" on Sunday.