FLASH! FLASH !! FLASH !!! KOLENCHERRYPPALLY

  • Vatachal Thomas John
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18 11:11 PM
      I am perturbed and perplexed to see and hear from the electronic media  the Hon'ble Chief Minister Shri.Oommen Chandy statement that the warring churches should give him a fortnight to settle the issue amicably failing which the court order will be implemented. This is indeed an instruction of the Chief Minister to the IOC to say "We don't agree " to each and every formula of settlement whereby  after a fortnight they can take into their possession  the Kolancheryppally and all its appurtenances with the assistance of the police what ever may be the bloodshed.

      For implementation of any court order, a decree of  the court should be obtained by the party in whose favour the court has passed order. The decree should be filed for execution before the trial court and the trial court will execute the decree in accordance with law. Let me ask: "Is there a decree of  the court which delivered the judgement ? " If the answer is in the affirmative let the decree-holder file the decree for execution before the original court and get all the reliefs the decree holder is entitled to. My next question is: " Is there any direction of the court to the Government represented by the Chief Secretary of the State of Kerala/ District Collector of the District of Er-nakulam ?"  If the answer is an emphatic "YES" let the Government machinery move and act in accordance with the direction of the court.

      I am at a loss to understand why the course of law is short-circuited by an influential church and why the civil authorities run with them to hunt the opposite party.

      V T John
      ID 3085