Meeting at St Peters JSS Church Thiruvananthapuram

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2011
      St Peters JSS Cathedral Thiruvananthapuram solemnly proclaimed
      unending support to HB Catholicose Thomas I in a public statement
      which was read by Church Trustee Mr. George A Zachariah after the Holy
      Mass. The statement was preceded by a speech by Rev. Fr Anish T
      Varghese,Vicar.

      A meeting of all spiritual organisations of the church was convened as
      an explanatory meeting and proclammation of solidarity to the ongoing
      struggle for justice at Kolenchery church. Rev. Dn. Paul Samuel
      addressed the gathering about the current issues at Kolenchery church
      and explained the stand of Jacobite Syrian Church. Dn. requested all
      the faithful to refrain from discussion which were aimed at tarnishing
      the image of our Holy Church and our spiritual leader as instigated by
      media and IOC people. Mr . Jose Nadayil briefed about the history of
      Jacobite church with special reference to the history in Malankara.
      Mr. Alan Kurien Sabu, MGJSM Tvm Regional Co-ordinator spoke on the
      occasion underlining the support extended to HB. A joint statement by
      the conclave of spiritual organisation of St Peters Church consisting
      of Vanitha Samajam, Youth Association, MGJSM Tvm Region and Sunday
      School was read. It was followed by prayers for Holy Church and our
      spiritual leaders especially HB Catholicose which was led by Rev.Fr.
      Anish T Varghese