Kolencherry issue is becoming more emotional than legal - Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2011
    12 September 2011; Kolencherry: Kolencherry issue is becoming more emotional than legal.

    My comments,

    1. A judgement on appeal cannot be implemented until finally disposed. to implement a judgement we need court decree. In this case both the above never happened.

    2. There is a finally decreed judgement of the supreme court regarding the parish churches. It says that the Patriarch is the spiritual supreme of the Malankara Church and the Patriarch is spiritually superior to the Catholicose.

    3. The SC declined to allow any findings that affects the right of the parish churches. All the parish churches were established to worship God in allegiance with the Patriarch of Antioch.

    4. The Orthodox faction is openly pressurizing the authorities to implement a judgement subject to appeal and at the same time openly acting against prevailing decreed judgement of the supreme court of India.

    5. If both factions are willing to accept and declare the SC decree in to to all the issues can be settled.

    6. My appeal to both factions is to come together directly with a mutually accepting and respecting attitude to settle these issues locally.

    7. I hope all are watching TV channels to assess public and societal responses to our 'STRUGGLES FOR JUSTICES'.

    Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil