The Malankara World Journal Special Issue 24 (September 4, 2011) is now available online

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2011
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 24 (dated September 4, 2011) is now available online at:
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_24_september-4-2011.htm

      In this special edition of Malankara World Journal, we have a treat for you. Dr. Dwight Gunter masterfully presents one of the tenets of Christianity, "Nothing is impossible with God." How many times we have struggled with day to day problems and given up thinking something is impossible? Jesus Christ said, "if you have faith as big as a mustard seed, you can ask a mountain to move to the sea and it will happen. One of the fascinating aspect of the story of Mary and the annunciation is that she didn't disbelieve the angel like Zechariah did when the angel announced the forthcoming child. Dr. Gunter mixes scripture with personal experience to assure us that indeed nothing is impossible to God. Please print the article 'The Possible Impossible' and read it when Satan plants doubts in your mind.

      The angel salutes Mary, "Hail Mary, Full of Grace". Pope John Paul examines this greeting and salutation. What does "full of grace" mean? Mary getting 'full of grace' is not due to any human merit but is wholly the result of God's wonderful work. "Everything in Mary derives from a sovereign grace. All that is granted to her is not due to any claim of merit but only to God's free and gratuitous choice." Mary was just an ordinary girl born in a non-descript village and had no claims to the "special status" accorded to her by the God. Mary's story tells us that God loves all of us. God invites us to share virgin Mary's humility and poverty, so that, after her example and through her intercession, we may persevere in the grace of God who sanctifies and transforms hearts. Another must read article.

      St. Irenaeus in 185 AD compares Mary with Eve. Jesus is often compared to Adam and Mary is compared to Eve. Take a look. We will have more to say about this later.

      More articles on Virgin Mary can be found in Malankara World Supplement on St. Mary at.
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/shunoyo/StMary.htm

      Table of Contents: Malankara World Journal Issue 24

      Editor's Note
      The Possible Impossible by Dr. Dwight Gunter
      Blessed Virgin was Filled With God's Grace by Pope John Paul II
      Virgin Mary vs. Eve by St. Irenaeus
      -----
      The Possible Impossible
      by Dr. Dwight Gunter

      Have you ever struggled with the impossible? Have you ever looked at situations in your life and said, "Impossible! No way! Won't happen!"?

      Luke 1:26-38 is a story about the impossible. It is a story about the "no way" and the "won't happen." It is the story of the angel's announcement to Mary. When I say to you it is a story of impossibilities, I'm serious. There are several basic impossibilities in this story.

      Mary:
      • A pregnant virgin having a child and remaining a virgin. Impossible! No way! Won't happen!
      • Joseph following through on the marriage when he discovers she is pregnant. Impossible! No way! Won't happen!
      • Avoiding death when the neighbors hear the news. Impossible! No way! Won't happen!

      Elizabeth:
      • To conceive and birth a child in her old age. Why, it is so impossible the news left old Zechariah speechless. Impossible! No way! Won't happen!

      This is a story of biblical impossibilities. But, what are the impossibilities in our world? What would you label "impossible" in your life? Peace in our world. Impossible! No way! Won't happen! Christian values returning to our nation, morality becoming the norm? Impossible! Our church reaching our surrounding community and making our world different? Impossible! Restoring relationships, healing past hurts in our lives; a relative or friend entering a relationship with Christ; breaking an addiction and overcoming past hurts and disappointments? Impossible!

      We find ourselves with the same troubled mind as Mary, wondering over the impossible (v. 29). We even ask the same question Mary asked, "How will this be?" (v. 34).
      • How can the situation be resolved?
      • How can the relationship be restored?
      • How can I overcome my past?
      • How can I break the bondage in my life?
      • How can I find healing emotionally?
      • How can I be healed physically?
      • How can he/she ever come to the place of accepting Christ?

      Read the complete article in Malankara World:
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/shunoyo/StMary-sermon-possible-impossible-gunter-Luke-1-26-38.htm

      -----

      Please tell your friends and acquaintances about MW Journal and Malankara World website. Thank you for your support and help.

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_24_september-4-2011.htm

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World