The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2011
      The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

      The Gospel from Luke Chapter 11: "If Satan is divided against himself, how can he stand?"

      Fr John Brian begins this Sunday sermon by talking about Hurricane Irene which struck the East Coast of USA and the passing of the OCA Archbishop Demetrios (Royster) - memory eternal! Then he talks about the devil and our safety and protection in Christ.

      The reading from the end of St Paul's Second Epistle to the Thessalonians gives us insight in how to live in the light. "Let us not render evil for evil."

      OK, so there's not much "deep blue sea" in this sermon, but there is a
      saying, "Be careful that you don't get caught between the devil and the deep blue sea."

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian Malankara calendar and was give on Sunday, August 28, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/08/devil-and-deep-blue-sea.html