Apathy,malayalees and christains.

  • V.M.Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2011
      Dear ALL,

      In the last few days many things were happeing in our Indian political / social / democratic scene related to a fast unto death conducted by Anna Hasare .The entire media in India and public at large has taken a position for or against but look at the issues gravely. But it is striking that, political parties,media religious bodies and
      public at large in kerala are not much bothered about it and shown lukewarm response to it. On many such occasions we have shown no apathy to such issues concerning our country and people(rights of adivasis, emergency, terrorism, maoism etc,etc). Even our religious leaders are silent on such issues most of the time.(more the so with christain leaders) We always like to have status quo maintained .Is it due to our strong political polarisation as left and right,or insensivity to issues( thought that whatever happens we are fine) or we are cuturally different from from rest of India.It is good all of us to ponder on that.

      Regards
      V.M.Thomas
      member ship no.906
      St Marys Jacobite Church