May the Departed Soul Rest in Peace

  • Rev. Fr. Mathai Varkey Puthukkunnathu.
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2011
      Then I heard a voice from heaven say, Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them." Revelation 14:13

      It is with deep regret and sympathy that that I join with the Parish Members of St. Ignatius Elias III Syrian Orthodox Church, Lawrenceville, Georgia to pray for the departed soul of the beloved father of our dear Vinod Cheriyan, Mr. Varghese Cheriyan Cooliyattu (64yrs). Mr. Varghese Cheriyan Cooliyattu was called to his eternal rest on 8/21/2011 in Chhattisgarh, India. Dear Vinod is traveling to attend the funeral services in Karingachira, Kerala. Let us pray for the departed soul and for the safe travel of Vinod. I express our deep regret and condolence to the bereaved family and pray that the departed soul may Rest in Peace.

      With deepest sympathy and prayers,
      Fr. Mathai Varkey Puthukkunnathu.
      St. Ignatius Elias III Syrian Orthodox Church
      Lawrenceville, Georgia, USA.
    • SOCM News Bureau
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2014
        May the Departed Soul Rest in Peace

        “Then I heard a voice from heaven say, Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them." Revelations 14:13

        It is with deep regret and sympathy that I join with many Clergy and Faithful to pray for the departed soul of Rev. Fr. M. S. Poulose Maracherril, Kavalangad, Kothamangalam. This beloved and esteemed Priest of the Diocese of Angamaly rendered his priestly services for more than 50 years to the Holy Syrian Orthodox Church, including at St. Mary’s Syrian Orthodox Church, Thalacode, where both of us were co-priests for about 3 years, from 1996 – 1999. My humble self and my family express our deepest condolence to the bereaved family and pray that the departed soul of this dignified Servant of God may Rest in Peace.

        Msheeho Deesai’k Morethkumare’ Rabodh Kohne’
        Haso l’kohnaik Shamesh Rosaik Loktheshbuhatho’

        With deepest sympathy and prayers,
        Fr. Mathai Varkey Puthukkunnathu,
        Georgia, USA.