Knowing Spiritual Success

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2011
      Knowing Spiritual Success

      As the church is in the time of Mary, acknowledging and remembering her at her time of death. Fr John Brian begins the sermon by disclosing why we ask her to intercede for us with Christ.

      Then the Gospel Reading from the end of Luke chapter 6, which is rich in parable, is discussed talking about "bearing good fruit" as a metaphor and parable of spiritual success.

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian Malankara calendar and was give on Sunday, August 21, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/08/knowing-spiritual-success.html