Mor Evanios Hidayathulla Bava

  • Thomas V M
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9 3:44 AM
      Dear All,

      Recently I was reading the book'History of syrian church in India" by Late HH Ignatius Yacoob 3rd,the malayalam translation made by Mr.Jacob Varghese and published by Mor Adai study centre. First, let me thank Adai study centre and Moolayil achen for printing this book in Malayalam,so that we all got an opputunity to read an authetic history of our church,written by our own Patriarch,who have seen many of the correspondece and records of that period. Bava has given a detailed study of the contribution made by Mor Evanios Hidayathulla Bava including the Chenunuur meeting conducted in1686 by Mor Hithaythulla Bava,which reinforced the othodox believes and practices among us. HH in the book quotes from some old syriac book in which Hidayathulla bava is described as Second Mar Thoma Sleeha. Seeing this details, I started getting a doubt whether our Malankara church has given deserving importance to this great soul.

      Regards
      V.M.Thomas
      Membership no.906
      St.Marys Jacobite Church