On the Fruit of Transfiguration

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2011
      On the Fruit of Transfiguration

      The day of the celebration of the festival day of the mission - Holy
      Transfiguration (Koodaara or Maruroopa - Debre Tabor or Buhe) - our local congregation has a picnic with a procession and the blessing of fruit.

      Fr John Brian summarizes the lessons of the last few weeks and talks about the Holy Transfiguration and the meaning, symbols and spiritual benefit of the blessing of grapes and other fruit at this feast day of Christ's Transfiguration on Mount Tabor

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, August 7, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/08/on-fruit-of-transfiguration.html