Not One of Them Was Destitute (Acts 4:34)

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2011
      Not One of Them Was Destitute (Acts 4:34)
      An Essential Unity - Tewehado

      This week, in the Gospel of Mark (3:20-30), the reading from Acts (4:32-37) and the Epistle reading from Ephesians (2:11-22) all speak to an essential unity of God's kingdom or culture. Not only between the followers of Christ, but also within the Christian. Not just between the Divine and the Human, but also so that nothing is "divided against itself. "

      Fr John-Brian gives a homiletic sermon on these readings, pointing out how the teaching about the Triune God at the end of Ephesians Chapter 2 is helpful to our human condition which seems to be continually divided.

      This is the teaching of the essential unity, also called Tewehado in Ge'ez and a primary teaching in Ethiopian Orthodoxy.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, July 31, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/08/not-one-of-them-was-destitute-essential.html