Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2026 , Aug 1, 2011
      "Unless we bear with patience the afflictions that come to us unsought, God will not bless those that we embrace deliberately. For our love for God is demonstrated above all by the way we endure trials and temptations. First the soul has to surmount afflictions embraced willingly, thereby learning to spurn sensual pleasure and self-glory; and this in its turn will permit us readily to bear the afflictions that come unsought."

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      "Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!" Psalm 34:8
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2026 of 2026 , Jan 10 5:11 PM
        CHRIST IS BORN! GLORIFY HIM!

        "He, the Life of all, our Lord and Saviour, did not arrange the manner of his own death lest He should seem to be afraid of some other kind. No. He accepted and bore upon the cross a death inflicted by others, and those other His special enemies, a death which to them was supremely terrible and by no means to be faced; and He did this in order that, by destroying even this death, He might Himself be believed to be the Life, and the power of death be recognised as finally annulled. A marvellous and mighty paradox has thus occurred, for the death which they thought to inflict on Him as dishonour and disgrace has become the glorious monument to death's defeat."

        St. Athanasius, On the Incarnation of the Word.

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        "Praise the Lord! Praise, O servants of the Lord, Praise the name of the Lord! Blessed be the name of the Lord From this time forth and forevermore!"  Psalm 113:1-2

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        The Bible reading for the 3rd of Tubah, January 11, is:
        13 Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him. 14 When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt, 15 and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt I called My Son. 16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was deceived by the wise men, was exceedingly angry; and he sent forth and put to death all the male children who were in Bethlehem and in all its districts, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the wise men. 17 Then was fulfilled what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying: 18 A voice was heard in Ramah, Lamentation, weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, Refusing to be comforted, Because they are no more. 19 But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, 20 saying, Arise, take the young Child and His mother, and go to the land of Israel, for those who sought the young Child's life are dead. 21 Then he arose, took the young Child and His mother, and came into the land of Israel. 22 But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning over Judea instead of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. And being warned by God in a dream, he turned aside into the region of Galilee. 23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene. (Matt. 2:13-23)
        Commemoration of the Slain Children of Bethlehem by the Order of King Herod.

        The Bible reading for the 4th of Tubah, January 12, is: John 21:15-25
        Departure of St. John the Evangelist and Theologian.

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        Prayer Requests:

        Peter - Guidance and peace.
        Awad, L.
        Iskaros.
        Urgent: Teresa - serious complications from diabetes.
        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Tony H.. - Cancer.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.