The Spiritual Significance of Feeding the Four Thousand

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2011
      The Spiritual Significance of Feeding the Four Thousand

      This week, in the Gospel of Matthew, at the end of Chapter 15 is the story of Christ's compassion in feeding four thousand followers.

      Fr John-Brian gives a homiletic sermon on the unique points of this story. Most scholars believe this is a different incident from the feeding of five thousand.

      The question arises in spiritual development, if we have been following Christ, what do we do when we find that we are with Him in a desolate place for three days? What about those who have been following Him with us?

      The answer comes in a powerful message of faith, thanksgiving and charitible love. Jesus said Matthew 15:32 "I have compassion for this people."

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, July 24, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/07/spiritual-significance-of-feeding-four.html