IOC Catholicose: Politican or a Spiritual Leader ?

  • PAUL Joshy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2011
      Dear All,

      Usually politicians play double game to keep their presence around and
      save their face. They make promises to the public before the elections
      and turn a blind eye after they got elected. They make statements on
      one occasion in front of the media and turn against the same statement
      and would say it’s a media stunt or media wrongly quoted them. We have
      seen this many times by Pinarayi Vijayan or VS Achudanandan. Now IOC
      Catholica has also joined in this group.

      Yesterday (July1) I watched a TV interview in Manaorama news at 10 PM.
      The interviewee was none other than IOC Catholica and the interviewer
      was Johny Lookose. The interview brought my mind back to few months
      when IOC Catholica was addressing a diocesan meeting in Mavelikkara.
      In the meeting He warned political parties and made a statement that
      “no political party can ignore IOC. In the coming election LDF and UDF
      must give considerable number of seats for Orthodox believers,
      otherwise Orthodox people will give befitting reply”. And then He send
      a delegation comprising of IOC Sabha Secretary and Lay Trustee to
      Delhi to canvas more seats for IOC people, and finally got one (but
      lost in the election). Once candidates were announced Devalokam people
      began to criticise UDF and one IOC bishop said both UDF and LDF didn’t
      give justice to the orthodox church and LDF is better than UDF, and
      further said “ Oomman Chandy cannot be considered as an Orthodox, he
      is like EMS for namboothiri community”. And during the election IOC
      forums , both print and online, were in the forefront to defeat UDF
      candidate of Thiruvalla Constituency. And after the election IOC
      leaders took the credit of LDF victory in Thiruvalla. Besides, IOC
      leaders also proclaimed that UDF lost in pathanamthitta distric
      because UDF didn’t field none of their candidates whom Devalokam asked
      for.

      But now IOC Catholica says IOC had no role in UDF loss. He said in the
      interview that it has no truth in saying UDF lost because Orthodox
      Church was against them. Further he said ”in the districts of Idukki
      and Kasargode UDF lost where Orthodox people are negligible”. Only
      Achumama can say this type of dialogue.

      It seems the current retrospection of IOC is to get favorable
      decision once again from theOomman Chandy government against
      Jacobites. He also talked about the church dispute but all were the
      same usual comody of IOC leaders.

      But one suggestion that strike me well regarding to resolving the
      church dispute. He said “he had no single formula (Ottamuly) to solve
      the problem”. And “peace in Malankara Sabha can be achieved not a
      dialogue at the higher level but is possible at unit level and
      disputes in many churches have been resolve through this manner” I
      think this is a good suggestion, let the people of every disputed
      church decide the future of themselves. Peace in individual churches
      (unit) is achieved not by unity but by seperation, they divided the
      church property according to the strength of the two factions. I
      believe all the warmongers of the so called “unity” will follow their
      church head’s advise and will stop talking further “unity” in
      Malankara Sabha.

      Joshy Paul
    • Abraham
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
        I view this messaging as appropriately timed

        Dont you think the flying kites approach is to handle

        1) 'OWN' College Issue-> Medical MD Seat are already given to 'candidates'.
        The best thing to do is giving Diploma seat to government and not MD seats.
        Friends outside Kerala rumours that in their state a Radiology MD
        sold for 1.5 crore,Pediatrics for 85 Lakhs!

        articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/keyword/capitation-fee/featured/3

        2) Parumala -> Thanks to Bava Thirumeni and Coorilos Thirumeni - Our Parumala
        project is back on track.As a bargain point they have 'erect'ed a
        Centre at Mulanthuruthy. Now by this messaging, those against our faith
        will ask for a Status quo - Please dont allow Jacobites to build in Parumala
        and we can take back the stone from there.

        http://mulanthuruthyorthodoxcentre.com/

        3) MP -> Another MP from their team in forthcoming loksabha/rajyasabha nomination?

        4) Cheriapalli - > If we dont put right expert lawyers - we may get surprises in Kothamangalam pally.

        May be to convince since Jacobite Congress MLA is there at Assembly from Kothamangalam?

        Amen

        Abraham
        3568

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, PAUL Joshy wrote:

        > Dear All,
        >
        > Usually politicians play double game to keep their presence around and
        > save their face. They make promises to the public before the elections
        > and turn a blind eye after they got elected. They make statements on
        > one occasion in front of the media and turn against the same statement
        > and would say it's a media stunt or media wrongly quoted them. We have
        > seen this many times by Pinarayi Vijayan or VS Achudanandan. Now IOC
        > Catholica has also joined in this group.

      • Jomon Varghese
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2011
          Dear Abraham

          I am wondering how silly is this so called largest media tycoon in Malayalam by taking interivews with such unimportant persons. When the interviewer points to Christian values, the response is peppered with "pakshe." Community is above Christ and so is his position. Its shows his helplessness. Even if a saint were to occupy that position he has no choice but to turn into a devil for his own survival.

          Jomon
          3980

          On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 6:27 PM, <Abraham> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I view this messaging as appropriately timed
          >
          > Dont you think the flying kites approach is to handle
          >
          > 1) 'OWN' College Issue-> Medical MD Seat are already given to 'candidates'.
          > The best thing to do is giving Diploma seat to government and not MD seats.
          > Friends outside Kerala rumours that in their state a Radiology MD
          > sold for 1.5 crore,Pediatrics for 85 Lakhs!
          >
          > articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/keyword/capitation-fee/featured/3

        • Bijoy A.V.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2011
            It is a known fact that IOC is a good commercial organisation. Their main objective is to keep "Swathukkal" & management of it. They do not let people (who are the real owners of the "Swathukkal") to own or manage it. Head of such commercial organisation cannot be like a spiritual leader. The spirituality that they are speaking is their business. The fault lies with the people who expect a business leader to behave like a spiritual leader.

            --
            Bijoy A.V.
            ID 4549