Malankara World Journal Latest Issue (Volume 1, No 12 dated July 1, 2011) is Available on line

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 1:43 PM
      The latest Issue of Malankara World Journal (Volume 1, No 12 dated July 1, 2011) is now available online at:

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_12-July-1-2011.htm

      This Sunday is the Third Sunday after Pentecost. The Gospel Reading is
      from St. John 6:35-46. We have given sermons with the themes, "I am the Bread of Life", "Eternal Life", "Discipleship", etc. covering the themes possible from this passage. Read the full list here:

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_3rd-sunday-after-Pentecost.htm

      This week's meditation is very special. It is titled, "Today I will make a difference." Our mission in this world is to make a difference using the talents given by God. I suggest that you read this passage everyday in the morning. You will see a big difference in your life shortly.

      Our focus topic is on the Dominican Outreach Mission organized by Rev.
      Fr. Johnson and the St. Ephrem's mission, a jewel of the Universal
      Syriac Orthodox Church. Several members from North America, including a member of the Malankara World Board, will be experiencing Dominican
      Republic first hand this week. They will see sufferings from poverty,
      illnesses such as HIV/AIDS, earthquake devastation etc. We will be
      updating on the trip frequently in MW.

      Humility is a quality that is highly preferred by God. We have a short
      article about Humility. Read it over and over. It is a life changer.

      Talking of eternity, Dr. Graham tells us how to make big impact on our
      eternal life during our short life. We think we have a long life to
      live. The fact is, no one knows how much time we have here. It can end
      in the next moment. It is important that we take advantage of our time
      in this world to accumulate spiritual treasures that are valued in our
      eternal life.

      This week's Journal also has articles on career change, very useful in
      the uncertain economic conditions of today. The health feature talks
      about the dangers of commercial sun screen products. Next two months are the peak summer season in North America; we hope that you will read and pay attention to what is given there before going to beach. You will be glad you did.

      For our North American readers, we wish you all a Happy July Fourth
      Holiday. Enjoy the picnics, fireworks, and backyard barbecues. We are
      already past the half way point in this summer season.

      Table of Contents (Issue 12)

      Editor's Note
      Bible Readings for This Sunday
      Sermons for This Sunday
      Inspiration for Today: Today I Will Make A Difference
      Featured This Week: Dominican Outreach, A Project of St. Ephrem's Mission
      Humility
      How to make an eternal impact with your short life
      What Steps Have You Taken Today Toward Reinventing Your Career?
      Health Tip: Health Dangers of Sunscreens
      About Malankara World

      We hope that you will tell your friends and acquaintances about MW
      Journal and Malankara World website. Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/