Importance of the Holy Apostles

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29 8:41 PM
      Importance of the Holy Apostles
      In Personal Spiritual Development

      This is the time of the Holy Apostles. Fr John Brian uses the Malankara-Syrian hymns before the Epistle readings in Holy Qurbana to
      elucidate the purposes of St Paul and the Holy Apostles - not just in
      history of the Church but in the spiritual work of all who have become
      Christian since.

      Fr John Brian also clarifies the importance of the Holy Apostles in our spiritual development, personally and collectively, using the Gospel reading from Matthew (Chapter 10) appointed for this Sunday of
      Pentecost.

      This sermon uses the English translation of the Aramaic by Lamsa. The
      Aramaic Bible, also called the Peshitta, was written in the original
      language of Jesus and his apostles.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, June 26, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission
      Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/06/importance-of-holy-apostles.html