Re: ORIENTAL CONSANGUINITY

  • Daniel Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2001
      Dear Members

      Delhi is the capital of India, Trivandrum (Thiruvananthapuram) is
      the capital of Kerala. But you cannot say Trivandrum is capital of India.
      Same way St.Thomas was an emissary with carte blanche, he is only an
      Ambassador, not head of Government/Church, only a representative of church
      sent by St. Peter chief apostle to whom Jesus commanded Peter "U are ROCK",
      I will build my house on this ROCK, I give U keys of heaven. Hence St.Thomas
      has no signet or throne he is only a minister/governor of Throne of Antioch
      founded by St. Peter along other 11 disciples. Obedience is a virtue in
      spirituality, Jesus said 'a student is not above his teacher�, hence
      students (all Syrian bishops) should respect teacher (Christ and his
      disciple Patriarch of Antioch). Peter was first Patriarch of Antioch.

      Any person who has an attachment Syrian along his church has to understand
      he has/had some connection to Syrian church whether he accepts it or not.
      You cannot change your paternity whether you like it or not? Generally some
      bishops after learning Syriac, wearing Syrian priestly attire, getting every
      thing from Syrian Patriarchs wants to kick them off and rule Malankara as
      sole Leader. Patriarch is never interested in being leader of Syrians in
      India unless we accept and demand the same. Patriarch Peter III before
      drafting first constitution of Syrian orthodox Church in 1876 asked Kerala
      Syrians to sign a bond saying they like to keep loyalty to throne of Antioch
      at their self free will. Unlike pope a dictator (not a member of WCC)
      Patriarch gives absolute freedom to its people to choose. All Syrian
      patriarchs who came to India came at request of us especially during
      Portuguese persecution; unlike other church leaders they had spiritual
      powers too. All Syrian prophets sacrificed their lives and came by Sea to
      India, some even died showing Christ's love, which malayali bishop other
      than Parumala Thirumeni ordained by Patriarch had spiritual power or led a
      simple humble saintly life and payed tribute visiting Patriarch and
      Jerusalem.

      General public is ignorant about all this so they listen to bishops who have
      time only for their self-interest. There was a secretary of Malankara
      bishops� party whose mother refused to accept last sacraments from priest
      her son brought and insisted that she want it from priest ordained by
      patriarch of Antioch only. Patriarch never interferes in internal affairs of
      church; Indian President never interferes in internal affairs of
      administration.

      If somebody feels we are surrendering churches to Patriarch, they are free
      to go from Syrian church and establish Indian orthodox church, rather than
      taking all Patriarchal gifts teaching, prayer, Syrian names, dress, church,
      schools, Antiochian faith, goodwill etc.

      Some bishops brought an ex-patriarch (senile) from Syria and found Malankara
      Orthodox church initially and all people in Kunnamkulam used to call it
      'vachukettipattam'. Later reigning patriarch forgave them and issued new
      'pattaam' to them, once they got it after promising to end all subversive
      activities, these south malayali bishops again started subversive activities
      with support of some industrialist and parvenus. Parumala Thirumeni was
      patriarchal secretary ordained bishop by Patriarch Peter III, Parumala old
      church is named St peter also is fact that a "tree is known by its fruits�.
      Even Satan was an angel, Judas was a disciple of Jesus, hence there is no
      wonder if bishops betray patriarch and oppose even His Holiness visit to
      India or spread theory of Throne of St.Thomas etc...Christ himself warns of
      false prophets and not to quarrel in the name of disciples...

      I am loyal to Holy throne of Antioch for above reasons. Syrian Prophets are
      no doubt trustworthy and through sacrifice & Christ's love they have shown
      us by coming to poverty stuck India from Land of MILK and HONEY, and they
      have seen footsteps of Christ, we believe by seeing some of us, but they see
      all Biblical sites daily hence their faith should be little more, may be
      that�s why Parumala Thirumeni asked us to visit these sites to increase
      faith at least by seeing. 1000s martyrs of Syrian church are there in Syria
      died for their belief, can U show me 1 malayali Malankara Orthodox priest a
      martyr, NEVER U will find. Then why should I join subversion against Holy
      Throne Of Antioch. What Malankara bishop�s party has its own apart from what
      it has acquired from Patriarchs, not even 1 Prayer or saint or priestly name
      or dress. Slight differences are deliberately made now.

      Pope has only time for confession. "At least in spirituality there should
      not be any adulteration�, I think. I don�t know much about Thoziyoor church,
      Patriarch signed treaties forgiving Pope in 80s, as pope wanted it as both
      church were founded by St.Peter�s a competition Malankara bishops party who
      were refused by catholic church for cooperation because of subversion
      against St.Peter�s immediately signed treaties with some other Coptic
      church...

      With love

      BIBU PHILIP MATHEW

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 15, 2001
        --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "Daniel Thomas" <daniel_reji@h...> wrote:
        > Dear Members
        >
        > I am loyal to Holy throne of Antioch for above reasons. Syrian
        Prophets are
        > no doubt trustworthy and through sacrifice & Christ's love they have
        shown
        > us by coming to poverty stuck India from Land of MILK and HONEY, and
        they
        > have seen footsteps of Christ, we believe by seeing some of us, but
        they see
        > all Biblical sites daily hence their faith should be little more,
        may be
        > that's why Parumala Thirumeni asked us to visit these sites to
        increase
        > faith at least by seeing.

        Poverty stuck India!! Is that the general image you Western/
        Middle-Eastern Semitic people have about India??

        By the immense blessing of God, India from ancient times was
        a land rich in MILK, honey and spices. Middle eastern merchants
        came from their arrid lands to take these from India. Cows are
        abundant in India. Almost every home (including Christians)
        owns atleast one cow. How many Syrians owns a cow? or do they
        drink camel milk?? We consider it a blessing that we have
        enough food in our land (infact excess wheat and milk).

        Please don't get too emotional. No Eastern Orthodox Church or
        Oriental Orthodox (except the Syriac Orthodox which removed
        itself from Oriental Orthodox communion because of communion
        with Roman Catholics based on Petrine Supremacy theory) believes
        in Petrine Supremacy. In ancient writings the name of
        Syrian Patriarch is second only to that of Coptic Patriarch
        of Alexandria (the great defenders of Orthodox faith). The
        Syrian Church got the Orthodox faith from Alexandria. St. Jacob
        Burdana was ordained by an Alexandrian Patriarch. Thus the
        broken lineage of Anthioc was reinstated. Armenian Church
        was founded by St. Andrew, The Church of Constantinople was
        founded by St. Barthalomew. Similarly the Coptic Church
        was founded by St. Mark. All of these are true Christians
        acts. Their is no ethnic pride or arguments of Superiority
        here. Only the Syrian Church following Roman Catholic line
        of thinking preaches these false teachings against ignorant
        Indian Christians. This is NOT Christian in any way!

        Regarding liturgy, it is not proprietary intellectual property
        of a Church. Only the highly racial and ethnic "modern" Syrian
        church believes in this un-Christian way. The Ethiopian Liturgy
        is from the Alexandrian Coptic Church. Yet the Patriarchs of
        Alexandria does not claim any intellectual superiority over
        Ethiopians.

        > 1000s martyrs of Syrian church are there
        in Syria
        > died for their belief, can U show me 1 malayali Malankara Orthodox
        priest a
        > martyr, NEVER U will find. Then why should I join subversion against
        Holy
        > Throne Of Antioch. What Malankara bishop's party has its own apart
        from what
        > it has acquired from Patriarchs, not even 1 Prayer or saint or
        priestly name
        > or dress. Slight differences are deliberately made now.

        The dress used by Syrian bishops originates from Alexandria.
        The head cover with 13 crosses it was traditionally used by
        Egyptian dessert fathers. Ancient Syrian attire was more close
        to modern Assyrian attire. Observe the Icons/image of St. Issac the
        Syrian, Canayi Thoma etc.

        Can you answer who murdered the secretary of Vattasheril Thirumeni?
        Please don't pretent to be clean people. Is is not very difficult
        to understand the desire of Thomas Mar Athanasius and the people
        who support him. Please be realistic. There is no need to give
        any importance to Syrian Patriarch because he is not Orthodox.
        Instead, follow the path of the Alexandrian Patriarch. This is
        an advice to you as a Malankara brother belonging to the same
        blood.

        Thomas
      • thomas_pa1@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 15, 2001
> [...]

          priest a
          > martyr, NEVER U will find. Then why should I join subversion against
          Holy
          > Throne Of Antioch. What Malankara bishop's party has its own apart
          from what
          > it has acquired from Patriarchs, not even 1 Prayer or saint or
          priestly name
          > or dress. Slight differences are deliberately made now.

          The dress used by Syrian bishops originates from Alexandria.
          The head cover with 13 crosses it was traditionally used by
          Egyptian dessert fathers. Ancient Syrian attire was more close
          to modern Assyrian attire. Observe the Icons/image of St. Issac the
          Syrian, Canayi Thoma etc.

          Can you answer who murdered the secretary of Vattasheril Thirumeni?
          Please don't pretent to be clean people. Is is not very difficult
          to understand the desire of bishop Divannasios and the people