The Time is short

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2011
      The Time is Short!  1 Cor 7:29
      R.A. Torrey

      1 Cor 7:29: But this I say, brethren, the time is short

      There is nothing of which any of us has less to spare and yet of which most of us are so prodigal and wasteful as time.� Happy, yes, thrice happy, is the man who not only believes but feels the truth set forth in the short, solemn, and startling statement, The time is short.

      The word translated time� means time of opportunity, time for doing the thing that needs to be done. The word translated short� means drawn together. contracted, that is, exceedingly limited, and therefore in great need of being conserved and improved to the uttermost. And the time of opportunity at our disposal for doing the many things of tremendous importance that clamor to be done before we go into eternity and meet God, is exceedingly contracted.

      If any of us will stop to think how many things of the highest importance there are that we must do before we can satisfactorily shut our eyes upon this world and pass out to meet God in judgment in the next world, his own reason will cry out with powerful tones, The time is short!

      The average man and the average woman seem to think that whatever else may be scarce, there is plenty of time. No, no, no! The time is short! The day of opportunity is flying more swiftly than a plane. Lost people think there is plenty of time to repent and be saved. The Christian thinks that there is plenty of time to get ready for the coming of the Lord. The one who would save souls thinks that there is plenty of time in which to do it. But to one and all, God thunders the words of the text, The time is short!�

      God's Peace & thankful for your prayers,

      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington D.C