Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1989 , Jun 19, 2011
      "Our mind is stilled in wonder before this mystery. The Eternal and Invisible has taken upon Himself the visible and inconstant form of the created. The Son, dwelling beyond all thought, has become flesh and made it possible for us to feel Him with our hands, to behold Him with our bodily eyes. He Who is without passion submitted Himself to suffering. Life without beginning is linked with dying."

      Archimandrite Sophrony.

      "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12-13
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1989 of 1989 , Nov 12 5:26 PM

        "Do not let pass any opportunity to pray for anyone, either at his request or at the request of his relatives, friends, of those who esteem him, or of his acquaintances. The Lord looks favorably upon the prayer of our love, and upon our boldness before him. Besides this, prayer for others is very beneficial to the one himself who prays for others; it purifies the heart, strengthens faith and hope in God, and enkindles our love for God and our neighbor. When praying, say thus: ‘Lord, it is possible for Thee to do this or that to this servant of Thine; do this for him, for Thy name is the Merciful Love of Men and the Almighty."

        St John Kronstadt, My Life in Christ.

        "In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God."  Psalm 62:7

        The Bible reading for the 4th of Hatour, November 13, is:
        20 Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy. 21 A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. 22 Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you. 23 And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. 25 These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father. 26 In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; 27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God. 28 I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father. 29 His disciples said to Him, See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech! 30 Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God. 31 Jesus answered them, Do you now believe? 32 Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. 33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. (John 16:20-33)
        Martyrdom of Saints John and James, Bishops of Persia.
        Martyrdom of Saints Epimachus and Adrianus (Azarianus).

        The Bible reading for the 5th of Hatour, November 14, is: Mark 10:35-45
        The Appearance of the Head of St. Longinus, the Soldier.
        Martyrdom of St. Timothy.
        The Relocation of the Body of St. Theodore, the Prince, to Shotb.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.