Today's Bible Verse dated 19th June 2011

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2011
      Today's Bible verse
      "It rained hard, the floods came and the winds blew and hit that house. But it did not fall, because it was built on rock.” (Mathew 7:25)

      Undisturbed in the midst of disaster and destruction.

      The earth is aging and all the material properties are destructible, and so is the earth and its inhabitants also. Annoyance, fear and sadness are natural if we have lost any of our possessions. But the man of god should be above this rule. Because they know that God who has given the wisdom to create has the power to give more than what we have lost. Our hearts should always be above this earth, the world of eternity and its ruler. We should have the mind of the biblical giant Job saying from Job 1:21 - “I was naked when I was born, and I will be naked when I die . The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Praise the name of the Lord” who had lost everything, children property and all his other possessions. David says, Psalm 62:6 - ”He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.”

      Thomas Edison (1847-1931) opened his most famous laboratory in 1876 in Menlo Park, New Jersey. In December 1914, the lab was virtually destroyed by fire. Although the damage exceeded $2 million, the buildings were only insured for $238,000 because they were made of concrete and thought to be fire-proof. Much of his life’s work went up in spectacular flames that December night. At the height of the fire, Edison’s 24-year old son Charles, frantically searched for his father among the smoke and debris. He finally found him, calmly watching the scene, his face glowing in the reflection, his white hair blowing in the wind. “My heart ached for him,” said Charles, "he was 67, no longer a young man and everything was going up in flames. The next morning Edison looked at the ruins and said, "There is great value in disaster. All our mistakes are burned up. We can start new.” Three weeks after the fire, Edison completed his first phonograph.

      Prayer : Jesus, give us your spirit of calmness, peace and courage at the time of our tribulations and loss. Let us have firm faith in your benevolence and protection. Let us experience your presence and help. Let us see your loving firm hands that is leading us to eternity. Let all success and glory be yours. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto

      Sunday, 19th June 2011

      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com