Charitable works of our Church in Trivandrum. rEF. SOCM DN 3701

  • Abraham Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2011
    Dear Mr. Abraham,
    Thanks for your message in SOCM.
    Please see attached the brochure of St. Peter's Charitable Society, Trivandrum  and an appeal from our beloved H.B Bava Thirumeni regarding this.

    St. Peter's Charitable society is a fully government approved set up  established by St. Peter's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church, Trivandrum  in the year 1990. The society is doing great service to the society through its School for Mentally Challenged and other philanthropic activities since then.

    As  can be seen in the brochure,
    Society has  number of short term and long term visions which includes a hospital guidance centre. Construction of the multi-storied building for the school is partially completed and expansion work is in progress.
    The source of income is solely the donations from the church members and limited number of benevolent persons.

    I would request you to participate in this noble venture in whatever way possible and convey this request to others members of our church there and to your friends and relatives and also in SOCM and other church community web sites. .

      Details of the bank account of St. peter's Charitable Society, Trivandrum.

             1.   Federal Bank , Main Branch, Statue, Trivandrum, A/c No.10300100187915

             2.   South Indian Bank, Spencer Jn, Trivandrum,  A/c No. 011905300017110

             3.   State Bank of India,
    Pottakuzhy ,  Trivandrum,
    A/c No.1015921181-4
    (It is desirable that payments are made from local NRI accounts.)
    As suggested by you we are planning to have a PAYPAL account for the Society soon.

    The establishment of St. Mary's Jacobite Christian Charitable FORUM under the auspices of our St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Cathedral in Trivandrum is in the preliminary stage. Will provide details of the FORUM later. I will be only too glad to provide further information if any, required.

    Thanking you, With kind regards,

    P. Abraham Paul
    SOCM Member # 3321.