Malankara World Journal Latest Issue (Volume 1, No 10 Issue June 17, 2011) is Available on line

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2011
      The latest Issue of Malankara World Journal (Volume 1, Issue 10, Dated
      June 17, 2011) is now available online at:

      With this issue, we have made some changes to the Journal. We have made it easy to read the Journal in smaller screens as in PDA.

      We added two new features - An "Inspiration for the Week" segment will
      recharge you with inspirational prayers, scriptures and notable quotes.

      The "featured this week" will highlight key message of the week. This
      week, it is aptly, "Servant Leadership." The subject comes from the
      Lectionary for Golden Friday, the first Friday after Pentecost. Three
      articles are featured that examine, in depth, the concept of leadership as envisaged by Jesus Christ.

      The gospel for Sunday is one of Jesus' "I am" statements from St. John -
      "I am the bread of life." Read the bible studies and the articles and
      sermons to understand Jesus' message on how we can partake in the
      Kingdom of God.

      Last week, we talked about being the light that shines on the world. We
      need to preserve the moral values of God but we need to expand the
      kingdom of God and Christ to all people, and being the light of Christ
      is part of that expansion.

      This week, we expanded this concept with Servant Leadership. And it is
      further amplified in the article, "Letting God’s Light Shine Through You."

      This Sunday is the Father's Day. We have a special article explaining
      the role of Fathers in Christianity. A survey found that the spiritual
      practice of father has a major role in shaping the belief of children -
      much more than that of the mother! We intuitively guess that the mother
      has the predominant role in shaping the belief system of the children;
      but it is not so. Take a look at the article, "Fathers: Key to Their
      Children's Faith."

      Praying about health issues dramatically increased among American adults over the past three decades, rising 36 percent between 1999 and 2007, according to a study published in 2011 by the American Psychological Association. Whatever causes people to pray more is a good thing!

      We also have articles on health, stress management and recipe to round
      out this issue of the Malankara World Journal.

      We hope that you will tell your friends and acquaintances about MW
      Journal and Malankara World website. Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World
      Malankara World Journal