Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2011
      Today's Bible verse

      "Not one of the good promises which the Lord had made to the house of Israel failed; all came to pass. “ (Joshua 21:45)

      Failed 2000 times but all were the steps of process to success.

      The word ‘Failure‘ is not in the dictionary of God’s children. All seemingly failures are good lessons for his children , learning to do things in the proper manner. “There are no secrets to success. It’s the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failures”- Colin Powell. We should not be consumed by our failures in life. Because the compassionate creator is in the processing of making things new every morning for the betterment of humanity just like a potter remodelling and redesigning the pot out of clay as his vision for a perfect make. Lamentations 3: 22.23 - "Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness.” Let us realize that it is God who gives us success. Our strength and success are from God not from ourselves.
      Proverbs 24:10 - “If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength.” So when you and I feel we are on slippery grounds and falling or we are doomed, let us open our eyes and see our loving resurrected God’s serene face and ask for his blessings and success.

      Thomas Edison (1847-1931) was possibly the greatest inventor who ever lived. He received more than 1,000 patents in his lifetime, many for items we take for granted today: the alkaline battery, the motion picture camera, the phonograph and, of course, the light bulb. There’ s story that took Edison more than 2,000 experiments before he got his light bulb to work. When a reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times, Edison said, “I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2,000- step process.”

      Psalm 73:26 - "My flesh and my heart may fall, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

      Prayer : Jesus, let us lean on you when we are at the receiving end as your beloved John did at the Last Supper. Let us have the spirit of victory and success to look on you in all our tribulations and failures. Let us take all our fallings in life as your chiding to correct and teach us to reach the destination of victory. We are thankful to you always for all the inventions and discoveries of human beings. We praise you for Edison the scientist, for all his inventions for the betterment of humanity that we enjoy. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto

      Thursday, 16th June 2011

      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 16, 2011
        Today's Bible verse

        "Love never ends.” (Corinthians 13:8)

        Love is not without friends but in union.

        Where there is love, pain eases, tears smile, hurt softens, guilt loses its edge, judgement forgets to judge, no fear and no .on is over. Where there is love God is there. No love, no God. If there is anything left after we leave this world, its love alone. Live for love and die for it. There are a number of ways to disagree... not by war but by love in unity. Love is the union with Christ in spirit and in union with all living beings. When we understand the union and togetherness of all living beings that we are all made out of the same material and that the spirit of God is breathed in all human beings, then the wall of separation is dismantled and we can have the joy of dance in love in any situation and in any place and at any time. Psalm 149:3 - “Let them praise His name with dancing. They should sing praises to Him with tambourines and harps.” Always meditate the spirit of God that is within us. So be connected with the universal spirit that ever sprouting the joy and peace. Zephaniah 3:17 - “He will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” There is nothing to grieve but to be happy because God has done great things of joy for us by his crucifixion. Habakkuk 3:19 - “The sovereign Lord is my strength, he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.”

        One day a boy saw a saint dressed in gold in the middle of an open field dancing and laughing all by himself. It was raining. There was no music and there were no other people, but still the saint danced for joy. After a while, the boy shouted out, “Why do you dance alone?” Without missing a step, the saint replied, “What makes you think I’m alone?” The saint continued to dance and laugh. The young boy soon joined in. The wisest Solomon says everything is vanity and illusion. The greatest illusion and vanity of all is that you and I appear to be totally separate from each other. Love is transcending to eternity, a world where there is no grief, fear or enmity but love, joy and peace.

        Joel 2:21 - “Be glad and rejoice. Surely The Lord has done great things.”

        Prayer : Jesus, let us live in thy love and be happy. Let our eyes focus always in you. We pray for those who are in fear, in tears and doubt. Let your love dismantle all the fences that divide us from your union. May the wall of separation from our families, friends, church, and society be removed and let us see the joy of togetherness and its prosperity and strength. Let us see love above everything and let us be the love. All we ask in the name of Jesus.
        Amen.

        Paulose Achen
        Toronto

        Friday, 17th June 2011