Importance of the Holy Spirit in Holy Orthodoxy

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2011
      Importance of the Holy Spirit in Holy Orthodoxy

      It is the fullness of the Spirit that is manifest at Pentecost, the birthday of the Holy Church. This is the time for the fullness of Christian mystery to bring illumination to the dark recesses of mind and limitless depth to the mortal existence.

      Fr John Brian clarifies the importance of the Holy Spirit in our spiritual development, personally and collectively.

      Using part of the Gospel the reading appointed for the Sunday of Pentecost, the beginning of John Chapter 16, Fr John Brian shows that the rebuke of this world is connected to our oneness with God. The Ethiopian Church calls this Tewahdo - which a sacred unity of Divinity and Humanity available in the mysteries of Holy Orthodoxy - and in the fullness of the Holy Spirit realized in this world by the
      Apostles' Pentecost, the descent of the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, the Giver of Life!

      This sermon uses the English translation of the Aramaic by Lamsa. The
      Aramaic Bible, also called the Peshitta, was written in the original
      language of Jesus and his apostles.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, June 12, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/06/importance-of-holy-spirit.html
    • Rev John Brian