Today's Bible Verse - 14th June'11

  • Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2011
      Today's Bible verse

      "So justice is driven back, and righteousness stands at a distance, truth has stumbled in the streets, honesty cannot enter.” (Isaiah 59:14)

      Justice is delivered after a long legal fight.

      Justice and truth are at the receiving end. Power and money are above the law of the land but not above the law of God. The ultimate victory is for truth and justice. The fall of the wicked is very tragic. The ruling class have their clouts and claws. Their kith and kin and coteries are like wild elephants in the garden to trample all the weak and powerless. We need somebody to block and overcome this tide of destruction and mayhem. Here comes the man of God and his truthful followers. We have to take out the claws of the poachers of justice and truth. Wherever the children of God have the access to power , use it rightly to cut the fetters of injustice, lies, and dishonesty. Psalm 85:10 - “Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from the heaven.” If we don’t act now, this and the coming generations will not forgive us.

      John and Gracy are a very pious, educated well employed God fearing ideal couple staying in Chennai, India. They have never cheated or hurt anybody knowingly or unknowingly. After their retirement, one half of their house was given for running a school. The school management had some problems with the ruling politicians in Tamil Nadu and they refused to vacate the house. They fabricated false documents and did not vacate the house as per the rental agreement. Talks and petitions reached on deaf ears. They wanted to take the house forcefully and throw out the couple from their house. Legal representatives, friends and retired judges advised for compromise with the ruling thugs. But Jesus directed them to stand and fight for their right in the court till the final outcome. In front of counsellors, advocates and in the court, they explained and witnessed Christ and the truth. They pleaded on their knees to the judge of all judges, Christ. He heard the cry for justice and truth. The final verdict made the police come and vacate the illegal occupants from the house. Gracy and John say, "To get back our house was a miraculous intervention Of Jesus." They have now converted their home into a rehabilitation centre for training and employment of the disabled and challenged in body, mind and spirit.

      Ephesians 6:14 - “Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around waist, with the breast plate of righteousness in place.”

      Prayer : Jesus, save those who are denied justice by the rich and powerful. Let us have your spirit of courage to stand for truth and justice. Let more Johns and Gracys blossom from this land. We pray for all those whose properties are encroached illegally by the powerful. Let them get redemption. Let John, Gracy and their generations be blessed. All we asked in the name of Jesus . Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto

      Tuesday, 14th June 2011

      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com