Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jun 10, 2011
      Today's Bible verse

      "The Lord answered Elijah’s prayer; the boy began breathing again and was alive.” (1 Kings 17:22)

      Illness and death shouldn’t be judged with sin.

      Illness and death is the natural corollary of human nature on earth. Only the creator knows the root cause of an illness. That is partially revealed through the order of the nature of illness and can be known to medical scientists. The earth is imperfect due to the sin of Adam and Eve, the first man and woman on earth. By God’s death on the cross, the root cause of all imperfections in the universe has completely been wiped out.

      1 Corinthians 15 :55,56 - “Death is destroyed forever. Death where is your victory? Where is your sting, place of death? For sin is the sting that results in death, and law gives sin its power. But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.” In the Old Testament times, most people believed that illnesses were caused by sin. But that is not necessarily true. Here God used the illness of a boy, son of the widow from Zarephath, to show that Elijah, the prophet was a man of God. So don’t judge anybody’s trouble and illness to be connected with sin and we should not live in guilty feelings. God will come to your aid to heal you and lift you from the present mirth as Elijah had come to pray for the boy and God gave his life back.

      When Jenny fell on black ice and broke two bones above her right ankle, Jenny cried to Jesus, “Oh Jesus, how can I live!” She was in a cast and was confined to the bed for three months. When others helped her in her day to day chores and her recovery, she understood that nobody is independent as they think. She had to rely on others to even take a step forward. Many people prayed for her speedy recovery. God used Jenny’s injury to help her see life in a different perspective for her own good.

      John 9:3 - “It’s not this man’s sin or his parents sin that made him blind. This man was born blind so that God’s power could be shown in him.”

      Prayer : Jesus, forgive those who judge the pain of others connected with sin, they don’t know what they are saying. Let us all believe in you and be saved. May those in injury and pain be healed. Bless those who pray and extend their helping hands to the injured and sick. Keep your children from all dangers. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Saturday, 11th June 2011
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012