St. Mary's Jacobite Christian Charitable Forum, Trivandrum.

  • Abraham Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2011
      Dear Members,
      This has reference to my posting in SOCM messages serial 3690 requesting members to join 'St. Marys Jacobite Christian Charitable Forum, Trivandrum'

      Please see the content of the request in the attached file.

      We often receive in web requests for circulating Bible quotes, prayers etc., to others. Of course Prayer is a powerful weapon and group mediation is an effective tool.

      But are our prayers by itself enough? Are not most of our church's religious activism ends in "Pulpit Evangelism"? Are we not expected to something more?

      How many of us are supporting 'St.Paul's Mission doing great evangelical work on behalf of our Church and many charitable institutions of ours that are involved in works of love and compassion?� St. Peter's Charitable Society, Trivandrum is doing great service to the society with its School for Mentally Challenged in Pongummoodu, Trivandrum.�

      St. MARY'S JACOBITE CHRISTIAN
      CHARITABLE FORUM TRIVANDRUM, is a Philanthropic Association with
      a mission to provide service and support to the weak and suffering in whom we see the face of Christ.

      Prime objects of the FORUM include programs to provide guidance, help and support to the FORUM members and others coming to Trivandrum, for medical treatment.

      Join the FORUM and become partner in this noble venture by subscribing just Rs.10/- monthly (Rs.120/- annually). Associate membership is open to all believers above 18 years age in the parishes under the Holy Apostolic See of His Holiness Patriarch of Syrian Orthodox Church of Antioch and all the East. Donor membership is open to all above 18 years of age.

      Please send an annual subscription to the General Secretary to register your name as an Associate Member or as a Donor Member in the
      FORUM.

      ST. MARY'S JACOBITE CHRISTIAN CHARITABLE FORUM, TRIVANDRUM.
      (Under the auspices of St.Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Simhasana
      Church, Trivandrum)
      Office:
      T.C 9/969, CRA 75 B, Chenthi, Pongummoodu, Thiruvananthapuram, 695011.

      Resident
      Patron: Rev. Fr. Mathias Kavunkal,
      President. P. A. Paul.   General
      Secretary. A. C. Kuriakose.

      P: +91-471- 2553030
      M: +91-8547246644
      E-mail: stmarysjacobitecharitableforum@...
      Abraham Paul,
      SOCM Member # 3321
    • Abraham
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2011
        It would be great if you could publish the Bank account details of the CHURCH. Re-sending more detailed Brochure on this Philanthropic Association will be excellent.

        Sometime,in todays busy life, It may not be easy for all to find the nearest UPS/Post store/Post Office to send Money orders or to go to bank to get a draft.Also it will be difficult for many to contact over phone or email to get the deatils and then followup to get the fund delivered.

        I am sure, SOCM members are not ignoring the request.We need similar
        noble efforts to help our community members.Please keep reminding us on supporting this divine mission.

        Moderators :

        Will it be possible to setup a COMMON PAYPAL account to support these type of Charitable organisations working for well being of our Jacobite community specifically.

        All the time,when similar requests are made- It so happens that there is no clear or accurate payment delivery mechanism

        Amen

        Abraham
        3567
      • P. Abraham Paul
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 14, 2011
          Dear Mr. Abraham,

          Thanks for your message in SOCM.
          Please see the link containing the brochure of St. Peter's Charitable Society, Trivandrum and an appeal from our beloved H.B Bava Thirumeni regarding this.

          Tripod link:-http://stpeterstvm.tripod.com/id14.html

          St. Peter's Charitable society is a fully government approved set up established by St. Peter's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church, Trivandrum in the year 1990. The society is doing great service to the society through its School for Mentally Challenged and other philanthropic activities since then.

          As can be seen in the brochure, Society has number of short term and long term visions which includes a hospital guidance centre. Construction of the multi-storied building for the school is partially completed and expansion work is in progress.
          The source of income is solely the donations from the church members and limited number of benevolent persons.

          I would request you to participate in this noble venture in whatever way possible and convey this request to others members of our church there and to your friends and relatives and also in SOCM and other church community web sites. .
          Details of the bank account of St. peter's Charitable Society, Trivandrum.

          1. Federal Bank , Main Branch, Statue, Trivandrum,
          A/c No.10300100187915
          2. South Indian Bank, Spencer Jn, Trivandrum,
          A/c No. 011905300017110
          3. State Bank of India, Pottakuzhy , Trivandrum,
          A/c No.1015921181-4

          (It is desirable that payments are made from local NRI accounts.)
          As suggested by you we are planning to have a PAYPAL account for the Society soon.

          The establishment of St. Mary's Jacobite Christian Charitable FORUM under the auspices of our St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Cathedral in Trivandrum is in the preliminary stage. Will provide details of the FORUM later. I will be only too glad to provide further information if any, required.

          Thanking you, With kind regards,
          P. Abraham Paul
          SOCM Member # 3321.
          P: +91-471-2446644